2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Transfer Case
By jrmcmaster on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Transfer case totally shot at 70,000 miles. Started malfunctioning within first year. Chevy did not back it. $2850 to replace.

Nice Ride
By Robert on 07/30/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 67000 miles on my Silverado and I still love it. The LBZ Duramax has never had a wrench on it and the Allison transmission is bulletproof. I regularly tow 10K lb. loads with it and it get 12-13mpg at 80mph through the North Carolina foothills. The ride is exceptionally smooth when compared to my two previous SuperDuty trucks. I got 26mpg on an unloaded trip over three different tanks of fuel averaging 60mph. Great quality. Great resell value. I would definitely consider buying another when the time comes...

Like a rock
By slick86 on 09/19/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very good truck. It has done everything I've expected it to do and more for a 2500 series truck. I would highly recomend it to any one wanting a big truck

Best Diesel Truck
By chivo on 07/01/07 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1500HD with the 6.0 before this one and loved everything but the gas mileage. Then I got the LBZ Duramax and love it! The mileage, HP & TQ are amazing. I especially enjoy the manual transfer case I was lucky to get my hands on. Only one issue and thats the driver side suspension knocks occasionally. I think it may be due to the weight of the D-max. Other than that, I love it!

Duramax is great
By kacansas on 06/16/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This one of the best vehicles I have ever owned! That is out of 40 to 50! It has never let me down and has helped me help other in deep snow, on ice, in the heat and in the cold. It has a Cadillac ride plus the capacity to tow a house! What more can you want from a vehicle? Good ecomony for what you drive? Well it delivers on that too! I have gotten over 27 mpg highway and get 22 city all the time! Yeah I know I can get a hybrid that can do 50 mpg but it can't do anything but hual me. My truck can do a lot more so I love my truck!

Get a Crew Cab, It's worth it!
By Mr Moose from Maine on 10/17/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before I bought a new pickup. I've owned pickups from all of the "Big 3" and had no great loyalty to anyone. I spoke with several ME game warden's who drive thier trucks in all types of weather and off road conditions, and they all said Chevy's were the best. I was undecided about an X-tend or Crew cab, went with the Crew cab. It's longer, harder to dock, uh park, but the convience of the 4 doors is worth it. Drives well, rides great. Load it up and it rides like a Cadillac. The longer length takes some getting used to, and the gas mileage isn't bad for a 300HP engine. If you take it off road make sure you have plenty of room to turn around. You'll need it! Overall, very happy!

Front end shaking Between 40-50mph
By Popeye on 09/09/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Silverado 2500hd diesel 2006. From the day I bought it there was a shaking in the front left side only noticeable between 40/50 mph.They said it was the tires,but have put two new sets on and problem is still there. Seems like a shake in the frame or chasie posiblely,due to lack of weight in the rear end of truck.Can feel it in the wheel and also in the seat while driving.Shaking not as noticable at other speeds but still there.Could be something in the drive shaft also. Looking for some answers.

Deadbeat Duramax
By agmakar on 07/26/06 15:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I think I bought a Monday morning vehicle. The rear differential leaks, and I get abhorrent fuel mileage. 8 MPG when towing a 7500 pound trailer and adequate mileage not towing (16 MPG) I took it to the the Chevy dealership twice for the leaking problem. It happens when driving it on the highway or towing. They added an inline filter in the breather hose, not much help, it slows the process down until the filter fills up, then it leaks out of the tube. The third time I take it to a different dealer, they replace the inline filter with a smaller one and the want to re-tap a new location for the breather tube right on the rear axle housing and plug up the old one on top of the pumpkin.

2006 Duramax
By Tom on 06/07/06 19:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome power and very quiet. Have a 2004 Dodge cummings and an '05 Ford powerstroke and this has the most power, quietest and best mileage of the bunch towing and no towing. Interior is good and driving is fun.

Silverado 2500HD
By JT French on 03/29/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Love the price I paid for the truck. Love the style/looks. Dont like the paint, scratches way too easily. Dont like gas mileage, only 13 on freeway and 10 around town, but mine does have 32 inch mud tires. Was 15 on highway with stock tires and it is a big truck, its going to get poor mileage. Other than that, I really like it..

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.