Used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Transfer Case
By jrmcmaster

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Transfer case totally shot at 70,000 miles. Started malfunctioning within first year. Chevy did not back it. $2850 to replace.

Better Transfer Case.

Nice Ride
By Robert

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 67000 miles on my Silverado and I still love it. The LBZ Duramax has never had a wrench on it and the Allison transmission is bulletproof. I regularly tow 10K lb. loads with it and it get 12-13mpg at 80mph through the North Carolina foothills. The ride is exceptionally smooth when compared to my two previous SuperDuty trucks. I got 26mpg on an unloaded trip over three different tanks of fuel averaging 60mph. Great quality. Great resell value. I would definitely consider buying another when the time comes...

excellent power, transmission always knows where to be, comfortable interior

too much plastic on interior, factory tires are wimpy - it should come with at least 265/75R16 tires like the ford and Dodge trucks

Like a rock
By slick86

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very good truck. It has done everything I've expected it to do and more for a 2500 series truck. I would highly recomend it to any one wanting a big truck

It's the smootest riding 2500 and love the push button 4 wheel drive

For GM to make adjustable pedals in their trucks

Best Diesel Truck
By chivo

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1500HD with the 6.0 before this one and loved everything but the gas mileage. Then I got the LBZ Duramax and love it! The mileage, HP & TQ are amazing. I especially enjoy the manual transfer case I was lucky to get my hands on. Only one issue and thats the driver side suspension knocks occasionally. I think it may be due to the weight of the D-max. Other than that, I love it!

The interior room, Duramax engine, Allison transmission with manual transfer case.

Fix the pitman and idler steering issues. Wish it had a Dana 60 front axle rather than the IFS

Duramax is great
By kacansas

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This one of the best vehicles I have ever owned! That is out of 40 to 50! It has never let me down and has helped me help other in deep snow, on ice, in the heat and in the cold. It has a Cadillac ride plus the capacity to tow a house! What more can you want from a vehicle? Good ecomony for what you drive? Well it delivers on that too! I have gotten over 27 mpg highway and get 22 city all the time! Yeah I know I can get a hybrid that can do 50 mpg but it can't do anything but hual me. My truck can do a lot more so I love my truck!

Engine, economy, comfort, OnStar, quality of build, low maintenance cost. Great transmission, and all around good engineering! Good job GM!

Relocate the climate controls higher on the dash.