2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
No:1 truck to buy
By homealone069 on 09/23/11 15:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 Silverado Pickup,2500 HD 4x4.I've owned chevy's most of my life,because of the performance,and reliability.This truck from the first day going out hunting,going through scrub-oak,blazing new trails,climbing the sides of mountain's on the nastiest roads you ever want to imagine,going through water 3 feet deep,and it keeps on going.When I needed the power it was there,wether pulling a trailer up 6% grades in 6"s of mud,and it never quit.I've done all these things will my truck,and its still in great shape,and it has never been in the shop for any malfunctions.They just need to make the front bumper narrower,and raise the truck about 2"s higher.Thats the only change there shouldbe

Just don't Know
By Eric on 12/04/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Well I guess my roots run deep with GM. Got the truck used off a dealer lot with 90000 miles on it. While test driving the truck it performed and looked in excellent condition. The motor and tranny on this truck, as previous GM trucks I've owned is stout and reliable. Now, As for every thing else well lets just leave it at that for now. Owned a 98 Gmc before this one and it was one of the best vehicles Ive owned, but in the recent years I've heard and witness a lot of bad rap from GM and was skeptical of buying another. I guess it was the love for that bowtie.

Transfer Case
By jrmcmaster on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Transfer case totally shot at 70,000 miles. Started malfunctioning within first year. Chevy did not back it. $2850 to replace.

huge fuel filter problem
By hughessk on 03/02/10 03:59 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

this is a great truck as long as you only use premium fuel and drive it in warm climates. the fuel filter will clog if you use bio fuel, or a lower grade fuel. when the filter clogs the engine will go into a 2000 rpm lockdown and will not shift. this will happen even after truck is warm,the first time you try to merge onto the expressway in rush hour traffic, at 25 degree weather and snow covered road, YOU WILL BE IN FOR THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE or FOR YOUR LIFE. I have 900000 miles on this truck and have had to replace the fuel filter ($35) 11 times??? I have purchased fuel from 15 different stations. CHEVROLET SOLUTION " use premium fuel, Use an addative($11)and let the truck idle 20 minutes

Nice Ride
By Robert on 07/30/09 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I now have 67000 miles on my Silverado and I still love it. The LBZ Duramax has never had a wrench on it and the Allison transmission is bulletproof. I regularly tow 10K lb. loads with it and it get 12-13mpg at 80mph through the North Carolina foothills. The ride is exceptionally smooth when compared to my two previous SuperDuty trucks. I got 26mpg on an unloaded trip over three different tanks of fuel averaging 60mph. Great quality. Great resell value. I would definitely consider buying another when the time comes...

OK
By 67getx on 10/28/07 07:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my truck with 5300 miles on it. I was replacing a '98 Xtra Cab GMC that I loved. This truck does what it is supposed to do. I pull a 18' trailer regularly and it does fine. It has a rougher ride and the seat is not comfortable to me. They raised the body from the older ones so you have higher to lift things into the bed. Gas mileage is about what I expected. The transmission slipped and the dealer replaced my convertor. No other problems since. Has more wind noise in the cab than the 8 year old truck I got rid of.

Like a rock
By slick86 on 09/19/07 17:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very good truck. It has done everything I've expected it to do and more for a 2500 series truck. I would highly recomend it to any one wanting a big truck

Best Diesel Truck
By chivo on 07/01/07 19:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had a 1500HD with the 6.0 before this one and loved everything but the gas mileage. Then I got the LBZ Duramax and love it! The mileage, HP & TQ are amazing. I especially enjoy the manual transfer case I was lucky to get my hands on. Only one issue and thats the driver side suspension knocks occasionally. I think it may be due to the weight of the D-max. Other than that, I love it!

Duramax is great
By kacansas on 06/16/07 18:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This one of the best vehicles I have ever owned! That is out of 40 to 50! It has never let me down and has helped me help other in deep snow, on ice, in the heat and in the cold. It has a Cadillac ride plus the capacity to tow a house! What more can you want from a vehicle? Good ecomony for what you drive? Well it delivers on that too! I have gotten over 27 mpg highway and get 22 city all the time! Yeah I know I can get a hybrid that can do 50 mpg but it can't do anything but hual me. My truck can do a lot more so I love my truck!

Get a Crew Cab, It's worth it!
By Mr Moose from Maine on 10/17/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I did a lot of research before I bought a new pickup. I've owned pickups from all of the "Big 3" and had no great loyalty to anyone. I spoke with several ME game warden's who drive thier trucks in all types of weather and off road conditions, and they all said Chevy's were the best. I was undecided about an X-tend or Crew cab, went with the Crew cab. It's longer, harder to dock, uh park, but the convience of the 4 doors is worth it. Drives well, rides great. Load it up and it rides like a Cadillac. The longer length takes some getting used to, and the gas mileage isn't bad for a 300HP engine. If you take it off road make sure you have plenty of room to turn around. You'll need it! Overall, very happy!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.