2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Mileage Stinks

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Review

Mileage Stinks
By Jdgrn4ever on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned a '01 Duramax, I have to say that I'm very disappointed with my '05. Having averaged 22 mpg with my '01, going down to 15 mpg with my '05 is very disturbing. Coupled with the fact that my dealership is encouraging me to purchase an after- market performance chip in the hopes that the mileage may improve 3 or 4 mpg. The truck's ride is much better than a Ford or a Dodge. However, personally, I liked the styling of my '01 better. With the slant-eyed headlights, it would seem that the final design of the '05 front-end came out of Hong Kong. If you don't mind spending 1/2 of your time at the gas station, buy a new Chevy Duramax. Else, do what I am ... consider buying a Ford.

Favorite Features

Interior. 5 - Disk CD. XM Satellite.

Suggested Improvements

GM has to return the MPG of their Duramax to the '01/'02 levels. Milage of 15/16 MPG is completely unacceptable for this generation of engine/transmission combination. Loaded, most are lucky to get between 10/12 mpg. The engine design staff at GM should be shot for ruining this motor.