2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: Long Term Review

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Review

Long Term Review
By RetiredGuns on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax/Allison HD LT. This has by far been the absolute best Truck I have ever owned, bar none! In 35 years I have owned all Big 3 Trucks, this is an nearing an excellent choice. I get 22 MPG HWY, 17 City, and 12 with a Truck Camper and 5K LB Boat trailer. If you are considering this model in the used market, make sure LOF's were done, and you'd have a gem through 300K miles easy! It's a joy to operate this machine. I have kept it mostly stock with the exception of replacing the Gum Wrapper bumper with an aftermarket Ranch Hand 300 LB thick Steel Tube/Diamondplate one, providing substantial front end protection. This truck is a winner all around otherwise. I'd NEVER consider an impor

Visibility, comfort, durability, CD/Cassete Radio. Cloth seats over cracking leather for me. Long term reliability overall. One tough truck to beat in any way! I like the way it looks and performs! I'd recommend the GM for almost any personal or buisness use. USA Pickups are still superior IMHO!

In 2007 the 6th gear was activated, too expensive to upgrade this one! Greasable/Servicable front wheel bearing, BOTH failed@ 55K miles, unacceptable at over $1,000 replacement cost. The Cruise Control cost me a $500.00 ticket 2 weeks after owning because it crept up on it's own, AFU No Correction.