2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Silverado/Girl
By Deb on 11/09/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I Love my Silverado. I t gets me where I need to go. Only thing I would replace is to add a light under the hood.

Sheldon Richards
By sheldon richards on 09/30/05 19:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The positives are the room for six people, especially with a family. I like the lifted hood design and the fog lamps are awesome (however I get brighted a lot from oncoming traffic)! The wind noise in WY, does make it a little noisy down the interstate. Feel safe driving it. Although the extended mirrors are nice, they vibrate so bad that you cannot see out of them going down the highway (even on a smooth highway). Had some difficulties with the mirrors sticking in retract mode. Gas mileage is TERRIBLE! Averaging 11.7 miles per gallon. I have used 1,100 gallons of fuel since April, with approximately 13,000 miles on it, not pulling any weight.

Best truck I ever owned
By heart on 09/17/05 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a 28 ft race car trailer every weekend. This is the best truck I have ever owned. Plenty of power and torque. The truck is stable while pulling. No more getting blown around when a semi passes me. The interior is roomy enough for my two kids and no problem parking it when we go to the store. The power is impressive! Not as impressive as my dragster. However, the dragster goes from zero to 60 in one second.

2005 2500HD First 3000 Miles
By Don Underwood on 08/07/05 22:54 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Good basic work truck. This is a 2005 2500HD 4X4, regular cab, 6.0 w/manual trans. The manual transmission helps the fuel economy if you keep your foot light on the gas pedal. The first 3000 miles (first month) has been very satisfactory. Highway fuel economy is been slightly over 17 when running 2300 rpms or less. City average about 13.5. Weekly average of mixed hwy/city about 15. Towing (boat) at highway speeds about 13/14.

2005 2500HD Duramax
By Duramaxpower on 08/02/05 16:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have to say this truck is awsome! I own several semi trucks and Chevrolet has spent alot of time designing this Duramax. I have the LLY and I pull a 10,000lb trailer and don't even know it's back there! The best thing they could do for this truck is ride height increase! It's no taller than a Colorado! But overall, it's one tough truck! The Duramax is the quietest diesel on the market! I put a K&N air filter in with no increase in fuel mileage but, I am averaging 17mpg. city driving mostly.

2500 HD silverado EXTENDED CAB LT
By george bowdoin on 07/03/05 00:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I spend at least 4 hours and 225 miles a day - 5 days a week, driving the '05 Silverado. Safety, comfort, and performance is a requirment for the truck I drive. This truck fulfills these requirments very nicely. The truck's four wheel disk brakes enables it to stop {loaded-3200lbs} quickly and safely. The interior is quiet and spacious. The large 8 way adjustable seats are akin to the recliner in my den. The lofty view of the road from this seat is unparalelled to any truck I have driven. The 6L engine enables me to move 3,000 lb. loads with ease. With the cruise control set, interstate driving is a pleasure with no downshifts for grade changes.

Landscape Executive Truck
By PlantMan on 06/29/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck to take out customers to see job sites as well as haul large heavy loads and trailers of materials. It performs flawlessly.

SILVER BULLET - (DURAMAX / ALLISON)
By Big AL on 06/17/05 00:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Traded a great '04 Loaded LS Crew Cab SWB 4x4 W/LB7 D-Max & Allison in for Loaded LS Extended Cab 4x4 W/LLY D-MAX & Allison. Ride is much firmer, but this truck is 10" shorter than my other truck; therefore the reason for the firmer ride. I think the extended cab SWB in the 2500HD's look better than the rest, but this is soley my opinion. My LLY is getting 2 MPG (17.1 HWY)less than the LB7 was(19.2 HWY). Still decent MPG for a 402 CID engine. If you plan on keeping the truck for a long period of time or if you drive many miles yearly, get the D-MAX, either with auto or standard transmission. Overall, it will cost you less at the pumps than the gas engines, will last longer & have a higher resale.

Very Satisfied Customer
By J.R. Warner on 05/27/05 18:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've had nothing but very good experiences with this truck. It's roomy, comfortable, and pulls a good load. The DuraMax diesel is quiet and gives good fuel economy. Very sound and stable feeling.

Excellent truck
By Andria on 04/21/05 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have the duramax Diesel. I love this truck. I haul a 3 horse gooseneck and never know it's there. Handles great in the snow, gas mileage not bad for a big truck. No problems at all with it. I have had this truck going on 6 months have put 8,500 miles on it and it drives like it did the first day i bought it. I love this truck..