2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: 2005 Chev Duramax

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Review

2005 Chev Duramax
By Richard on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Having driven 1/2 tons for several years this is my first HD and I consider a "real truck". Very comfortable for the family and we don't even notice the sound of the Duramax listening to XM on my bose speakers. Love towing our 5th. wheel and recently did a long vacation trip through 4 states. Kind of reassuring having been approached many times by "old timers" just to tell me what an awesome tow vehicle we have. Have not had any problems in the first year and look for many more to come. (former Dodge truck owner).

Favorite Features

If you're looking for a tow vehicle this has plenty of power and the best transmission on the market. Much more quite than the dodge or ford diesel. Comfortable interior (Highly recommend the leather), looks great and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel MPG. I'm sure you heard stories about what good fuel mileage can be expected w/diesel eng. "NOT TRUE". It's sure better than a gas engine but let the truth be known. With my stock Durmx/Allison trans I get 19 mpg freeway, 16 mpg city, 12.5 towing 10K 5th. wheel. Not bad at all.