Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Great truck
By michelle

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I am a loyal Chevy person. I love my truck its dependable, it takes me anywhere I want to go or do. I use it in my business iam a paving contractor. I pull equiment with it everyday with no problems.

Heavy duty.

Better seats, geting a hole in drivers seat from geting in and out of it, running boards.

History
By dondailey

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Truck has been a dependable vehicle. Performance is good, fuel mileage could be better. I am very satisfied with this truck.

Truck is very comfortable to drive.

Better fuel mileage.

2005 2500HD First 3000 Miles
By Don Underwood

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Good basic work truck. This is a 2005 2500HD 4X4, regular cab, 6.0 w/manual trans. The manual transmission helps the fuel economy if you keep your foot light on the gas pedal. The first 3000 miles (first month) has been very satisfactory. Highway fuel economy is been slightly over 17 when running 2300 rpms or less. City average about 13.5. Weekly average of mixed hwy/city about 15. Towing (boat) at highway speeds about 13/14.

Great visability. Good seat - Get the seat upgrade cause this truck has a stiff ride. Best feature --it's American -- some of us still remember what that means.

Get rid of the plastic on the front and put some real bumpers on this truck. Leave the cheap grey/black plastic to Ford, Dodge, and the import toys. Keep offering manual transmissions -- some of us know how to use them and appreciate the improved fuel economy and better off road and work capability.