2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
American Work Horse
By chevyguy9 on 08/24/12 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is absolutly outstanding. Before I owned it, a rancher out in the Houston area owned it. He had to haul horse trailers, trailers with hay bales, tractors, you name it. From what the dealership told us, the previous owner had it stuck in a river for three days. The only thing needing replacement was the computer system. Since we have had it, all i have had to replace was a fuel pump. ive dont everything imaginable in this truck. I can cruise at 85 no problem. You wouldent even know that my 30' rv was behind the truck because it doesnt strain the engine at all. This truck is perfect for anything. No matter what you put it through, it wont stop. EVER

2005 chevy 2500HD
By robbie64 on 08/15/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck,have 75000 miles . pull a 35 ft 5TH wheel camper, have only one problem the brakes seem to let go just as you come to a stop.Does not read any codes.

My Review
By Clinton on 05/28/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My driving experience with my truck has been excellent. However, I need something smaller and more fuel efficient. If I had to rate my truck 1 out of 10, it would easily be a 9.5. I was very satisfied with the truck and its driving.

Heartbeats are louder than hoofbeats
By Redrock8100 on 01/16/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and got a good deal because of the 8.1L big block in it. This engine is great except for the gas mileage, but who cares. I can outrun just about anything on the road and tow my travel trailer with ease. Better towing than any diesel that I have pulled it with, just a little crappier mileage.

Duramax
By Rodney on 10/23/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have very much enjoyed my truck. It has been great in the snow and driving in the mountains of the western U.S. It had no trouble pulling a 27 foot trailer through the mountains of Wyoming. Good brakes and good handling. My wife fights with me over who gets to drive it.

Good Truck
By milo on 09/25/06 21:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to pull a camp trailer. It is a 6.0 turbo diesel and I get about 15 mpg pulling an 8000 pound trailer. It is strong and fast for a large truck. Quarter mile is under 12 seconds. The only bad thing about this truck is a low ground clearance, so I plan on putting a lift for higher clearance, and also a Banks big hoss power package on it for more power.

2500hd
By bbardoni on 05/03/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is my daily driver and I get an avg. 17.0 mpg. I use my truck for towing a 5th wheel camper (33') and while towing I get 12-13mpg @ 65-70mph.

By Andria on 03/28/06 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

After 17 months of owning this truck and 30,000 miles of hard towing ruff winter driving, I love this truck. Not one thing has gone wrong, only routine maintance done. This truck drives the same as it did 17 months ago. Big and roomy for the kids we take this truck on all of our family outings, it's like driving a luxury car. I get about 18 miles per gallon going 65/75 on the hihgway and about 15 in the city. Hauling I get about 14MPG fully loaded of 12,000lbs towing. Cannot complain. I also used Biodiesel in my truck and got great gas mileage. almost 20MPG on highway. Plus the engine ran better. Just can not find it where I live. Buy this truck.

Comfortable & reliable
By G Nizin on 01/31/06 09:39 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

As with my previous Silverado, this vehicle has proved to be reliable,and comfortable. It is used to pull a utility trailer, & has done so, with no problem. OnStar is great for peace of mind & XM for entertainment on the long hauls.

I want my 2001 Back
By jdgreen402 on 01/29/06 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

To say that I am very dissatisifed with my 2005 is an understatement. The Duramax is 1/3 more thirsty than my 2001. The Allison transmission has now started to intermittantly refuse to allow the engine to rev past 2000 RPM or it cuts itself out. The driver's side window is continuing to leak air. The air leak on the passenger side has us traveling with a blanket if the outside temps drop below 20 degrees. When I get the Allison to shift properly ... I'm heading to my local Ford dealership!