Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

American Work Horse
By chevyguy9

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is absolutly outstanding. Before I owned it, a rancher out in the Houston area owned it. He had to haul horse trailers, trailers with hay bales, tractors, you name it. From what the dealership told us, the previous owner had it stuck in a river for three days. The only thing needing replacement was the computer system. Since we have had it, all i have had to replace was a fuel pump. ive dont everything imaginable in this truck. I can cruise at 85 no problem. You wouldent even know that my 30' rv was behind the truck because it doesnt strain the engine at all. This truck is perfect for anything. No matter what you put it through, it wont stop. EVER

2005 chevy 2500HD
By robbie64

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck,have 75000 miles . pull a 35 ft 5TH wheel camper, have only one problem the brakes seem to let go just as you come to a stop.Does not read any codes.

My Review
By Clinton

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My driving experience with my truck has been excellent. However, I need something smaller and more fuel efficient. If I had to rate my truck 1 out of 10, it would easily be a 9.5. I was very satisfied with the truck and its driving.

Favorite Features

The room capacity, the pulling power, the nice interior.

Suggested Improvements

None at all.

Heartbeats are louder than hoofbeats
By Redrock8100

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and got a good deal because of the 8.1L big block in it. This engine is great except for the gas mileage, but who cares. I can outrun just about anything on the road and tow my travel trailer with ease. Better towing than any diesel that I have pulled it with, just a little crappier mileage.

Favorite Features

Big block! DVD system, Allision transmission, leather

Suggested Improvements

Put a leveling kit on it from the factory with at least 285/75's.

Duramax
By Rodney

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have very much enjoyed my truck. It has been great in the snow and driving in the mountains of the western U.S. It had no trouble pulling a 27 foot trailer through the mountains of Wyoming. Good brakes and good handling. My wife fights with me over who gets to drive it.

Favorite Features

The Duramax has a lot of power. I love the Allison transmission. Leather seating for six is a big bonus. I like the adjustability of the drivers seat and steering wheel. My 4'10" 15 year old can adjust the seat enough to drive and then I can quickly change it for my 5'8" body.

Suggested Improvements

I can get 15.5 mpg in town, 20 mpg in rush hour traffic, 16.7 mpg at 75mph. An extra gear for freeway driving would be nice.