Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Good Truck
By milo

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck to pull a camp trailer. It is a 6.0 turbo diesel and I get about 15 mpg pulling an 8000 pound trailer. It is strong and fast for a large truck. Quarter mile is under 12 seconds. The only bad thing about this truck is a low ground clearance, so I plan on putting a lift for higher clearance, and also a Banks big hoss power package on it for more power.

Favorite Features

All things about this truck are great. Better than any truck I have ever owned

Suggested Improvements

I plan on putting mud flaps, window visors, a 6 or 7.5 inch suspension lift, bigger tires, and a Banks big hoss bundle power upgrade

Landscape Executive Truck
By PlantMan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I use my truck to take out customers to see job sites as well as haul large heavy loads and trailers of materials. It performs flawlessly.

Favorite Features

4WD, Crew Cab and leather seats

Suggested Improvements

2 inch lift standard

2005 Silverado 2500HD Crew 4x4 Diesel
By R. Carey

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

No complaints with this truck. This is my second 2500 HD Diesel in two years. My '04 I got all of my money back on trade for the '05. You can't beat the interior space,comfort and ride. I tow a 30' travel trailer weighing approx. 9500 lbs. loaded with ease.

Favorite Features

I like the Duramax Diesel for power and improved fuel economy over gas engine. The grade braking feature is great on the Allison transmission. The electric extention camper mirrors are very convenient. Onstar and power lumbar/heated seats are nice comfort features. Great sound with Bose stereo/CD.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to see more interior color choices and a larger sunroof opening. Needs more tire and wheel options.

I Love It.
By 33Staci

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my HD for about 6 months and love it. I enjoy driving it, and all the attention. I use it to reposses vehciles, and it works perfectly. I wouldn't trade it for any other vehicle.It's perfect....comfortable, clean, fun, and unique.

Favorite Features

I added a 6 inch lift and Dakar wheels with 325/60/20. So my favorite thing anbout this truck is all the attention that it gets. It's definitely unique.

Suggested Improvements

None. I wish that it got better gas mileage, but for such a large vehicle, 12 miles per gallon isn't to bad.