Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

American Work Horse
By chevyguy9

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is absolutly outstanding. Before I owned it, a rancher out in the Houston area owned it. He had to haul horse trailers, trailers with hay bales, tractors, you name it. From what the dealership told us, the previous owner had it stuck in a river for three days. The only thing needing replacement was the computer system. Since we have had it, all i have had to replace was a fuel pump. ive dont everything imaginable in this truck. I can cruise at 85 no problem. You wouldent even know that my 30' rv was behind the truck because it doesnt strain the engine at all. This truck is perfect for anything. No matter what you put it through, it wont stop. EVER

2005 chevy 2500HD
By robbie64

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck,have 75000 miles . pull a 35 ft 5TH wheel camper, have only one problem the brakes seem to let go just as you come to a stop.Does not read any codes.

A member of the family
By BRUCE

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 8000 miles on it, a dealer demo model. It has been an awesome truck: strong, durable, versatile, dependable. Been a lot of things that I cannot count on in my life but this is definitely a machine you can count on. I tow an 11k fifth wheel with it with no problem and even with this load it handles great. Even with a five speed this vehicle exceeds my expectations of performance. Never put gasoline in them by accident though. I did, but even then, a quick trip to the dealer and she still runs like new. Also, I had a friend with a Ford 250. We both got caught in a hailstorm. His hood had dents all over it. Mine had none! Stronger sheet metal too! Yep.

Turbo diesel, long bed, Cruise control, leather seats, led temperature reading in the rear view mirror, smooth transmission.

Spray in bed liner, heavier springs in the back, tighter turning radius

Long Term Review
By RetiredGuns

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax/Allison HD LT. This has by far been the absolute best Truck I have ever owned, bar none! In 35 years I have owned all Big 3 Trucks, this is an nearing an excellent choice. I get 22 MPG HWY, 17 City, and 12 with a Truck Camper and 5K LB Boat trailer. If you are considering this model in the used market, make sure LOF's were done, and you'd have a gem through 300K miles easy! It's a joy to operate this machine. I have kept it mostly stock with the exception of replacing the Gum Wrapper bumper with an aftermarket Ranch Hand 300 LB thick Steel Tube/Diamondplate one, providing substantial front end protection. This truck is a winner all around otherwise. I'd NEVER consider an impor

Visibility, comfort, durability, CD/Cassete Radio. Cloth seats over cracking leather for me. Long term reliability overall. One tough truck to beat in any way! I like the way it looks and performs! I'd recommend the GM for almost any personal or buisness use. USA Pickups are still superior IMHO!

In 2007 the 6th gear was activated, too expensive to upgrade this one! Greasable/Servicable front wheel bearing, BOTH failed@ 55K miles, unacceptable at over $1,000 replacement cost. The Cruise Control cost me a $500.00 ticket 2 weeks after owning because it crept up on it's own, AFU No Correction.

Best truck ever
By jimjim190

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It's the best, and I have not had a single problem. I put a 6in lift with dual front shocks, and 36x12.5x20R on the truck. It keeps it riding like a truck, I also put intake, programmer and exhaust on it. That's all it needed, it does anything and goes anywhere. Wouldn't change a thing on it.

The look, the ride, and hey it's a Chevy.

I wish it would have come like it is now so it would all be under warranty, but hey- then yours wouldn't be unique after you do what you want to it, right?