2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
American Work Horse
By chevyguy9 on 08/24/12 20:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is absolutly outstanding. Before I owned it, a rancher out in the Houston area owned it. He had to haul horse trailers, trailers with hay bales, tractors, you name it. From what the dealership told us, the previous owner had it stuck in a river for three days. The only thing needing replacement was the computer system. Since we have had it, all i have had to replace was a fuel pump. ive dont everything imaginable in this truck. I can cruise at 85 no problem. You wouldent even know that my 30' rv was behind the truck because it doesnt strain the engine at all. This truck is perfect for anything. No matter what you put it through, it wont stop. EVER

2005 chevy 2500HD
By robbie64 on 08/15/11 15:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck,have 75000 miles . pull a 35 ft 5TH wheel camper, have only one problem the brakes seem to let go just as you come to a stop.Does not read any codes.

A member of the family
By BRUCE on 03/26/10 15:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 8000 miles on it, a dealer demo model. It has been an awesome truck: strong, durable, versatile, dependable. Been a lot of things that I cannot count on in my life but this is definitely a machine you can count on. I tow an 11k fifth wheel with it with no problem and even with this load it handles great. Even with a five speed this vehicle exceeds my expectations of performance. Never put gasoline in them by accident though. I did, but even then, a quick trip to the dealer and she still runs like new. Also, I had a friend with a Ford 250. We both got caught in a hailstorm. His hood had dents all over it. Mine had none! Stronger sheet metal too! Yep.

Long Term Review
By RetiredGuns on 08/24/09 18:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Duramax/Allison HD LT. This has by far been the absolute best Truck I have ever owned, bar none! In 35 years I have owned all Big 3 Trucks, this is an nearing an excellent choice. I get 22 MPG HWY, 17 City, and 12 with a Truck Camper and 5K LB Boat trailer. If you are considering this model in the used market, make sure LOF's were done, and you'd have a gem through 300K miles easy! It's a joy to operate this machine. I have kept it mostly stock with the exception of replacing the Gum Wrapper bumper with an aftermarket Ranch Hand 300 LB thick Steel Tube/Diamondplate one, providing substantial front end protection. This truck is a winner all around otherwise. I'd NEVER consider an impor

Best truck ever
By jimjim190 on 08/20/08 17:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new. It's the best, and I have not had a single problem. I put a 6in lift with dual front shocks, and 36x12.5x20R on the truck. It keeps it riding like a truck, I also put intake, programmer and exhaust on it. That's all it needed, it does anything and goes anywhere. Wouldn't change a thing on it.

My Review
By Clinton on 05/28/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My driving experience with my truck has been excellent. However, I need something smaller and more fuel efficient. If I had to rate my truck 1 out of 10, it would easily be a 9.5. I was very satisfied with the truck and its driving.

Great truck
By michelle on 05/21/08 19:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I am a loyal Chevy person. I love my truck its dependable, it takes me anywhere I want to go or do. I use it in my business iam a paving contractor. I pull equiment with it everyday with no problems.

History
By dondailey on 03/16/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Truck has been a dependable vehicle. Performance is good, fuel mileage could be better. I am very satisfied with this truck.

Heartbeats are louder than hoofbeats
By Redrock8100 on 01/16/07 11:10 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used and got a good deal because of the 8.1L big block in it. This engine is great except for the gas mileage, but who cares. I can outrun just about anything on the road and tow my travel trailer with ease. Better towing than any diesel that I have pulled it with, just a little crappier mileage.

Duramax
By Rodney on 10/23/06 10:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have very much enjoyed my truck. It has been great in the snow and driving in the mountains of the western U.S. It had no trouble pulling a 27 foot trailer through the mountains of Wyoming. Good brakes and good handling. My wife fights with me over who gets to drive it.