Bill's new 2004 Chev
By Bill Craig on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I was impressed the first time I drove this truck by the smothness of the 2500 HD 4 wheel drive. Much improved over previous model's ride. Although the truck still has less than 700 miles I have notice that the gas mileage is improving as the miles add up. The progamable features which allow custom features is much better than the fixed features of earlier models. Power and towing is impressive. I have towed my John Deere tractor (6000 lb + 2500 trailer) up an gravel road incline on my ranch and the truck did not show any signs of slipage of the transmission or lack of torque from the engine.
Favorite Features
Wow! This is a hard question to single out one item. But I guess the programable features is number one. The electronic 4 wheel drive selection is number 2. The engine and transmission combination is number 3. Body tighness and style is number 4.
Suggested Improvements
This may be picky but, I miss little things like the underhood light, and the retractable cord work light even though I only used them twice on my old 1988 truck.