Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado-2500hd - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

What happened to fuel mileage?
By gdsbls

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Second 2500HD we have owned in three years - love em'. But what happened to the fuel mileage. Our 02 HD got 16-18 and this one might get 11 on a good day. 04' has more horsepower and added features. Pulls anything from our equipment to our camper with no problems. Rides good for an HD. Much more room than the Dodge or Ford - but with this fuel mileage (diesel) we may have to give up some comforts and switch over for the first time ever - and we currently own 5 GM products.

Favorite Features

Transmission,Duramax Engine,heated seats,sterero controls in back of console added,improved tailgate design

Suggested Improvements

Improve Fuel Mileage, Dual Tanks for HD, put the console in the backseat that was there in the 02, built in brake control, better quality leather

HD2500 Very nice truck
By saleman454

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is very nice. Rides great for a 2500hd. Much more rear seat/door room than Dodge. Fit / finish is very good. will tow a house. Fuel economy good be better but it is a HD truck. better economy than Dodge Hemi that my friend has. Only complaint is door lock trim piece is loose. very minor. Fuel tank is too small. Great headlights, and keyless entry feature is great. all light come on when key is pressed. Williams Chevrolet in Elkton Md are very good to work with. Great service/sales group.

Favorite Features

Full size rear door. headlights, keyless entry, power seat great power.

Suggested Improvements

Bigger fuel tank would be great.

LLY ENGINE IN MY SILVERADO GIVES EXTREME
By Mytwodoxies

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

MY SILVERADO HAS THE NEW LLY ENGINE THAT GM BEGAN INSTALLING IN JANUARY 2004. IT TRULY IS AN AWESOME VEHICLE TO SAY THE LEAST. I PULL A 32 FOOT SUNNYBROOK 2004 5TH WHEEL LIKE THERE WAS NOTHING BEING TOWED WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT TO THE TEST. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO STRAIN WHEN TOWING THIS RATHER 10-15000 LOADED RV. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS TRUCK AND RECOMMEND IT TO ALL THAT IS INVOLVED WITH TOWING RV'S ESPECIALLY. I HAD LINE-X SPRAYED INTO THE BED OF THE TRUCK TO PROTECT THE BED AND IT ALSO MAKES THE TRUCK LOOK EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE. THE GAS MILEAGE IS ABOUT 14-15 WHICH IS REALLY GOOD AS WELL.

Favorite Features

LLY ENGINE, ALLISION FIVE SPEED TRANS., ROOMY INSIDE, DURABLE, DEPENDABLE, AND NICE LOOKING COLOR....SILVER BIRCH METALLIC.

Suggested Improvements

ABSOLUTELY NONE FOR ME!!

My Truck Sucks
By Ralph Jones

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The locking Rear end on these trucks are not what they could be. Mine, Hops an skips An has locked slam up on me at less than 12,000 miles with an easy break-in period. Agreat Truck, with second rate Quality. I think I'll give Ford a try on my next new truck.

Favorite Features

Great workablity.(Power,towing,hauling)

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats more comfordable, and fix those junk rear-ends

good truck, rough ride
By Not Sure Yet?

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck will pull a house if that's what your in to. The only real negative is the ride. It's rough! My dealer says its within its specs but I'm not sold on that.

Favorite Features

The six liter V-8 has great horse power and range. It's a winner!

Suggested Improvements

Soften the suspension a little. You don't need super stiff springs to achieve a good pull while trailering.