2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews 5

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
The truth
By ksmith82 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

You need to test drive one to truly appreciate and comprehend the engineering miracle of Silverado. Go on, take one for a spin, unless your afraid of being converted.

Great truck
By bzab on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this to pull a 5th wheel. Has all the capabilities to do what I wanted. Better ride and interior than I expected in a 3/4 ton. Gas mileage is about 13 now but only have 1500 miles in it. May improve. Have not been back to the dealer yet with any complaints. Can tell more later.

Duramax Diesel
By wolfe on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I owned a Silverado with the 6.2 Detroit Diesel, and it now has over 300,000 miles. I bought the new Chevy with the Duramax for serveral reasons, but the Duramax and Allison transmission make this truck a truly great vehicle. There is literally no comparison in the market, and the improved torque and horsepower on the Duramax is an incredible feat. The fuel economy is up substantially, and the emissions are down. I look at this truck as a vehicle that will last past the point of wanting to keep driving it. This is a great truck!

Aftermarket parts makes big difference
By james t on 03/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I installed a Airaid filter and tube Granatelli mass air flow sensor Poweraid throttle body spacer fuel milage increase,25hp increase,acceleration.$700 for all easy install worth every penny

Best Horse Mobile
By holly glen farms on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has it all! And then some! We are very Pleased and would buy another of this quality truck.

Bill's new 2004 Chev
By Bill Craig on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was impressed the first time I drove this truck by the smothness of the 2500 HD 4 wheel drive. Much improved over previous model's ride. Although the truck still has less than 700 miles I have notice that the gas mileage is improving as the miles add up. The progamable features which allow custom features is much better than the fixed features of earlier models. Power and towing is impressive. I have towed my John Deere tractor (6000 lb + 2500 trailer) up an gravel road incline on my ranch and the truck did not show any signs of slipage of the transmission or lack of torque from the engine.

Nothing Beats a Duramax/ Allison Trans.
By Doug Lewis on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I brought my 2500HD Duramax and a travel trailer the same day. I hooked my travel trailer to my truck and could not believe the torque it had. Coming home I had to come up several tall long hills and the speed stayed constant. The fuel mileage is not as good as thought it should be but I am told that it will get better with more miles on it. I could not be happier with my Chevrolet 2500 HD Duramax.

2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0
By dwgmcc on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great truck can't get better than 13 mph though. Very confortable, lots of power pulls 24' travel traler like its not even there. I would highly recommend this truck.

2500 HD 2004
By fgator01 on 02/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Just 1 word .........AWESOME!!!!

the best truck
By scott ballard on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this truck has every thing a guy need cruisen down the road. it has power style and it is fun to drive.