Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado-2500hd - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Tough, reliable, sharp
By Whoolio

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Will pull a house off its foundation and drives beautifully. MPG is what you'd expect from a heavy truck, but don't drive like a fool and it improves. Travels very well, even through mountain areas.

Favorite Features

Absolutely dependable performance with great looks.

Overall Good Work Truck
By Tim Mahoney

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned the Chevy 2500hd for about six months and I have not had any problems with this truck whatsoever. I think the towing power of this truck is second to none and have no problems pulling a trailer loaded with 400gal of water and barrels loaded with soaping solutions for my business. I also have an industrial grade power washing unit bolted down in my trailer with weight totlaing about 3 tons when loaded for jobs. This truck pulls the trailer like its not even there. I also plow accounts with the truck and have no problem doing this either, even when the snow is a foot high or better. Overall I have had good luck with this truck and never thought that I would own CHEVY not Ford..

King size Cadillac
By Ryan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was almost convinced to buy into the 4 door Tundra until I opted to go with bow tie muscle. This is my first Silverado and I will never drive another brand again. Im stuck with GM for life now. This truck has it all. More power than the others and a lot of nice ammenities come with the LT package. Still working up the miles on her. No problems at all. All I receive is compliments on my truck and the Silverado wave from other Silverado drivers. You must drive one to appreciate it. You dont gain much from a quick test drive. Find a friend or family member with one and take it for a spin. You will be sold on Silverado.

Favorite Features

Power, XM, On-Star, style, dependability. Ive added splash guards, nerf bars, a K & N filter and a Flowmaster's 50 series dual in, dual out system with 2 1/2" pipes out the rear. Opens up that nice V8, gives it a lot more kick and it sounds mean, like a truck should! Hemi what? Ford who? Like a Rock

Suggested Improvements

Go up a tire size to 265's instead of 245's. Factory installed splash guards would be great too.

2004 2500HD
By jaycocamprs

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Have driven this truck for 1 year. Pull an 8000-pound 5th wheel camper with it. Ride is good for 2500 truck. Handles the weight real well. Power is good for small block gas engine. Clutch slave cylinder failed at 10000 miles.

Favorite Features

It's just a plain truck without any extras

One tough truck
By Ryan

I went from a 1975 IH Scout, my first truck, to the 2500HD. So it rides like a Cadillac, to me anyway. I like the ride to be a little stiff, it makes me feel connected to the rode. For those who say it rides too rough, did you test drive it? And do you realize what this truck is intended for? Get a 1500 if you want a smooth ride. The 6.0L is very strong but I would like a little more "get up and go". The interior quality could be stepped up a little also. The turning radius is decent and stock exhaust is throaty. Definitely recommend this truck if it serves your purpose.

Favorite Features

6.0L pulls like a champ.

Suggested Improvements

Faster acceleration and better fuel mileage. Maybe offer a gear ratio other than 4:10. Bigger tires from factory.