2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Tough, reliable, sharp
By Whoolio on 08/16/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Will pull a house off its foundation and drives beautifully. MPG is what you'd expect from a heavy truck, but don't drive like a fool and it improves. Travels very well, even through mountain areas.

Overall Good Work Truck
By Tim Mahoney on 03/22/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned the Chevy 2500hd for about six months and I have not had any problems with this truck whatsoever. I think the towing power of this truck is second to none and have no problems pulling a trailer loaded with 400gal of water and barrels loaded with soaping solutions for my business. I also have an industrial grade power washing unit bolted down in my trailer with weight totlaing about 3 tons when loaded for jobs. This truck pulls the trailer like its not even there. I also plow accounts with the truck and have no problem doing this either, even when the snow is a foot high or better. Overall I have had good luck with this truck and never thought that I would own CHEVY not Ford..

King size Cadillac
By Ryan on 03/08/05 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was almost convinced to buy into the 4 door Tundra until I opted to go with bow tie muscle. This is my first Silverado and I will never drive another brand again. Im stuck with GM for life now. This truck has it all. More power than the others and a lot of nice ammenities come with the LT package. Still working up the miles on her. No problems at all. All I receive is compliments on my truck and the Silverado wave from other Silverado drivers. You must drive one to appreciate it. You dont gain much from a quick test drive. Find a friend or family member with one and take it for a spin. You will be sold on Silverado.

2004 2500HD
By jaycocamprs on 12/18/04 23:01 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Have driven this truck for 1 year. Pull an 8000-pound 5th wheel camper with it. Ride is good for 2500 truck. Handles the weight real well. Power is good for small block gas engine. Clutch slave cylinder failed at 10000 miles.

One tough truck
By Ryan on 12/15/04 14:51 PM (PST)

I went from a 1975 IH Scout, my first truck, to the 2500HD. So it rides like a Cadillac, to me anyway. I like the ride to be a little stiff, it makes me feel connected to the rode. For those who say it rides too rough, did you test drive it? And do you realize what this truck is intended for? Get a 1500 if you want a smooth ride. The 6.0L is very strong but I would like a little more "get up and go". The interior quality could be stepped up a little also. The turning radius is decent and stock exhaust is throaty. Definitely recommend this truck if it serves your purpose.

What happened to fuel mileage?
By gdsbls on 12/07/04 10:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Second 2500HD we have owned in three years - love em'. But what happened to the fuel mileage. Our 02 HD got 16-18 and this one might get 11 on a good day. 04' has more horsepower and added features. Pulls anything from our equipment to our camper with no problems. Rides good for an HD. Much more room than the Dodge or Ford - but with this fuel mileage (diesel) we may have to give up some comforts and switch over for the first time ever - and we currently own 5 GM products.

HD2500 Very nice truck
By saleman454 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is very nice. Rides great for a 2500hd. Much more rear seat/door room than Dodge. Fit / finish is very good. will tow a house. Fuel economy good be better but it is a HD truck. better economy than Dodge Hemi that my friend has. Only complaint is door lock trim piece is loose. very minor. Fuel tank is too small. Great headlights, and keyless entry feature is great. all light come on when key is pressed. Williams Chevrolet in Elkton Md are very good to work with. Great service/sales group.

LLY ENGINE IN MY SILVERADO GIVES EXTREME
By Mytwodoxies on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

MY SILVERADO HAS THE NEW LLY ENGINE THAT GM BEGAN INSTALLING IN JANUARY 2004. IT TRULY IS AN AWESOME VEHICLE TO SAY THE LEAST. I PULL A 32 FOOT SUNNYBROOK 2004 5TH WHEEL LIKE THERE WAS NOTHING BEING TOWED WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT TO THE TEST. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO STRAIN WHEN TOWING THIS RATHER 10-15000 LOADED RV. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS TRUCK AND RECOMMEND IT TO ALL THAT IS INVOLVED WITH TOWING RV'S ESPECIALLY. I HAD LINE-X SPRAYED INTO THE BED OF THE TRUCK TO PROTECT THE BED AND IT ALSO MAKES THE TRUCK LOOK EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE. THE GAS MILEAGE IS ABOUT 14-15 WHICH IS REALLY GOOD AS WELL.

My Truck Sucks
By Ralph Jones on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The locking Rear end on these trucks are not what they could be. Mine, Hops an skips An has locked slam up on me at less than 12,000 miles with an easy break-in period. Agreat Truck, with second rate Quality. I think I'll give Ford a try on my next new truck.

good truck, rough ride
By Not Sure Yet? on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck will pull a house if that's what your in to. The only real negative is the ride. It's rough! My dealer says its within its specs but I'm not sold on that.