2500HD Crew 4wd
By glen on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I love the truck. I have always driven Fords, but the big block gas engine can't be beat. I get all of the torque and HP of a diesel without the smell and noise. It will pull anything you attach to it (including stumps and trees much to my wife's dismay). The trailer towing package makes hooking up a trailer a breeze. The truck drives better with 10,000 lbs than empty. You can expect to pass everything except a gas station. (avg 10 mpg, but I didn't buy it for gas milage) The comfort is great on trips and I can carry everthing I may need or want with room to spare. The rear seat entertainment is unbeatable for the kids. They will sit in the truck to watch DVDs more than in the house.
Favorite Features
Power. Rear seat entertainment, XM radio, OnStar. Tons of interior room, even more carrying room with rear seat folded down. I've tried to get it stuck, but the 4wd works great (it does need to come with real off-road tires and room to upgrade to larger 36" tires without a lift kit)
Suggested Improvements
Less cheap plastic on the dash. Making the seat belts where they are not tugging all the time (the location is too low for anyone 6' or taller). The electronic speedo is poor quality, went out before 50,000 miles. It really needs a factory backup camera for hooking up trailers with out a spotter.