2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.0L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2004 chevy 2500 HD

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Review

2004 chevy 2500 HD
By clay on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for almost one year and I am thoughly impressed with it. The only complaints I have beside the poor mileage 6.0 L. motor is that the sheet metal is way too thin. This is supposed to a heavy duty truck! They're great trucks to drive or pull with, but for working out of with guys loading tools in the back and especially over the sides they are too easily dented. The only mechanical issues I've encountered is a irritating wind noise on the passenger side at the windshield and an annoying rattle inside the steering column. I drive off road daily on construction sites and the rattle developed quickly. This the second HD I've had with this problem. But overall a great truck.

Favorite Features

Work friendly interior,lots of power,comfortable seating,easy back seat access.

Suggested Improvements

More options in gearing in the rear end 3.73 or 3.55 ratio's. 4.10's are GREAT for pulling but not for everyday highway driving from job to job. Also need improved weather stripping on the back doors and find the cause of that annoying steering column rattle.Seats set a little low also.