2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Overall Good Work Truck
By Tim Mahoney on 03/22/05 17:45 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned the Chevy 2500hd for about six months and I have not had any problems with this truck whatsoever. I think the towing power of this truck is second to none and have no problems pulling a trailer loaded with 400gal of water and barrels loaded with soaping solutions for my business. I also have an industrial grade power washing unit bolted down in my trailer with weight totlaing about 3 tons when loaded for jobs. This truck pulls the trailer like its not even there. I also plow accounts with the truck and have no problem doing this either, even when the snow is a foot high or better. Overall I have had good luck with this truck and never thought that I would own CHEVY not Ford..

LLY ENGINE IN MY SILVERADO GIVES EXTREME
By Mytwodoxies on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

MY SILVERADO HAS THE NEW LLY ENGINE THAT GM BEGAN INSTALLING IN JANUARY 2004. IT TRULY IS AN AWESOME VEHICLE TO SAY THE LEAST. I PULL A 32 FOOT SUNNYBROOK 2004 5TH WHEEL LIKE THERE WAS NOTHING BEING TOWED WHEN THE TRUCK IS PUT TO THE TEST. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO STRAIN WHEN TOWING THIS RATHER 10-15000 LOADED RV. I AM VERY PLEASED WITH THIS TRUCK AND RECOMMEND IT TO ALL THAT IS INVOLVED WITH TOWING RV'S ESPECIALLY. I HAD LINE-X SPRAYED INTO THE BED OF THE TRUCK TO PROTECT THE BED AND IT ALSO MAKES THE TRUCK LOOK EVEN MORE IMPRESSIVE. THE GAS MILEAGE IS ABOUT 14-15 WHICH IS REALLY GOOD AS WELL.

My Truck Sucks
By Ralph Jones on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

The locking Rear end on these trucks are not what they could be. Mine, Hops an skips An has locked slam up on me at less than 12,000 miles with an easy break-in period. Agreat Truck, with second rate Quality. I think I'll give Ford a try on my next new truck.

this truck blows
By Kennedy on 07/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I Bought a 2004 and before i could even get 600 miles on it the transmission went out on me in the middle of a run hauling some freight so i called the GMC dealership and they sent me a F-150 that out hauled and rode alot better than the GMC 2500

Awesome Tuck
By Rewyas on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This truck is more than I could ever ask for. It does everything I want it to do. I would buy it again.

great truck!!
By speedy12 on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

purchased new and now have 3,500 miles on the odometer. love the 6.0 vortec,has great power through out the rpm range. tows my atv's and trailer like nothing!! the 410 limited slip is great for my back woods hunting. even though it is 2500HD, it will take you alot of places in 4 low. (i opted for the manuel shift transfer case which i love!) and still acts great on the open road. buddy has a 2003 f-150 and another a 2002 dodge, this vortec blows both of those boat anchors away! good job chevy!!

fantastic truck
By chevowner on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Very solid, the more weight towing the better the ride.Great visibility.16mpg on hwy,15city after 5000miles. Very comfortable front seat. Manual 4X with automatic, only way to go.

Great Truck
By joander on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Had a few problems in the begining, 1. Faulty control valve on heating system. 2. Alignment problems. 3. Paint defects that were not fixed before taking delivery of the vehicle

The truth
By ksmith82 on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

You need to test drive one to truly appreciate and comprehend the engineering miracle of Silverado. Go on, take one for a spin, unless your afraid of being converted.

Great truck
By bzab on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this to pull a 5th wheel. Has all the capabilities to do what I wanted. Better ride and interior than I expected in a 3/4 ton. Gas mileage is about 13 now but only have 1500 miles in it. May improve. Have not been back to the dealer yet with any complaints. Can tell more later.