Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Excellent Truck
By WHG4AU

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new from the dealer and have been extremely satisfied with it so far. The interior comfort is fantastic for a guy 6'8". Performance is great except for the fuel mileage. 13 MPG is my average around town. I added an Airade intake and a throttle body spacer along with a Flowmaster exhaust and it sounds and performs great! Terriffic power and reliability. Comfortable ride with a car-like feel. I fully recommend the Chevrolet 2500HD trucks!

Favorite Features

Built-in XM radio and steering wheel mounted audio controls!

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy. This truck would be absolutely perfect if you could average 16-18 MPG!

My review
By matt

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The HD model rides quite well and has good power. The interior is comfortable and looks good, but does need more useable storage space and more cup holders. The truck has been trouble free for two years now

Favorite Features

The look and feel of the interior. The good amount of power that the 6 liter puts out. The quality of the ride

Suggested Improvements

As always, more power, more cup holders, and usable storage space. Need more tie down hooks in bed

You Gotta get one!
By EJWHITT

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had a GM truck since 88. This is by far the finest truck i have owned. the Duramax/Allison combo has performed flawlessly. it has delivered power and dependability that to this day still satisfies my decision to forgoe the LT 5.3 gasser and go with the LS diesel. I travel for my job and use this as a sales vehicle. No regrets. I put 285's on and the truck looks great!

Favorite Features

Powertrain, ride looks

Suggested Improvements

Bigger tires, stock 245's are pitiful looking

King size Cadillac
By Ryan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was almost convinced to buy into the 4 door Tundra until I opted to go with bow tie muscle. This is my first Silverado and I will never drive another brand again. Im stuck with GM for life now. This truck has it all. More power than the others and a lot of nice ammenities come with the LT package. Still working up the miles on her. No problems at all. All I receive is compliments on my truck and the Silverado wave from other Silverado drivers. You must drive one to appreciate it. You dont gain much from a quick test drive. Find a friend or family member with one and take it for a spin. You will be sold on Silverado.

Favorite Features

Power, XM, On-Star, style, dependability. Ive added splash guards, nerf bars, a K & N filter and a Flowmaster's 50 series dual in, dual out system with 2 1/2" pipes out the rear. Opens up that nice V8, gives it a lot more kick and it sounds mean, like a truck should! Hemi what? Ford who? Like a Rock

Suggested Improvements

Go up a tire size to 265's instead of 245's. Factory installed splash guards would be great too.

What happened to fuel mileage?
By gdsbls

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Second 2500HD we have owned in three years - love em'. But what happened to the fuel mileage. Our 02 HD got 16-18 and this one might get 11 on a good day. 04' has more horsepower and added features. Pulls anything from our equipment to our camper with no problems. Rides good for an HD. Much more room than the Dodge or Ford - but with this fuel mileage (diesel) we may have to give up some comforts and switch over for the first time ever - and we currently own 5 GM products.

Favorite Features

Transmission,Duramax Engine,heated seats,sterero controls in back of console added,improved tailgate design

Suggested Improvements

Improve Fuel Mileage, Dual Tanks for HD, put the console in the backseat that was there in the 02, built in brake control, better quality leather