2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
2500HD Crew 4wd
By glen on 04/03/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I have always driven Fords, but the big block gas engine can't be beat. I get all of the torque and HP of a diesel without the smell and noise. It will pull anything you attach to it (including stumps and trees much to my wife's dismay). The trailer towing package makes hooking up a trailer a breeze. The truck drives better with 10,000 lbs than empty. You can expect to pass everything except a gas station. (avg 10 mpg, but I didn't buy it for gas milage) The comfort is great on trips and I can carry everthing I may need or want with room to spare. The rear seat entertainment is unbeatable for the kids. They will sit in the truck to watch DVDs more than in the house.

55,000 miles, perfect truck
By Up Hill on 02/04/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Performance, outstanding. Acceleration with a full load or with a heavy trailer is all I could want. Comfort. This is a 3/4 ton truck, so with that understood it is very comfortable. We have driven 24 hours straight more than once with no complaints. Fuel economy. Duramax/Allison gives me 17.5 mpg since new with 50/50 mix of hwy/city mi. 19.9 mpg with light load at 65 mph. Amazing for 3/4 ton 4X4. Fun to drive. Well, OK I guess, for a truck. Build quality, reliability. I have had no failures of any kind in 55k. Exterior design. Who thought up the stupid slant-eyed headlights? Ugly, ugly. There is little to find fault with, and much to like.

Excellent Truck
By WHG4AU on 11/24/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new from the dealer and have been extremely satisfied with it so far. The interior comfort is fantastic for a guy 6'8". Performance is great except for the fuel mileage. 13 MPG is my average around town. I added an Airade intake and a throttle body spacer along with a Flowmaster exhaust and it sounds and performs great! Terriffic power and reliability. Comfortable ride with a car-like feel. I fully recommend the Chevrolet 2500HD trucks!

My best truck ever
By mam643 on 06/14/06 03:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since new in '04. A truly fantastic truck to drive and tow with. The Durmax engine with the Allison tranny is a superb setup. The best GM has ever put out. I think the ride is a bit rough when empty though. I may try upgrading to new shocks and tires here soon.

Real truck
By cwbyfan on 06/08/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this truck almost a month ago and I absolutly love it. Gas milage stinks but it's a beast so what can you expect? I have the 6.0l engine and it sounds great with dual Flowmaster 40 series. I have noticed the turning radius is not all that great. I do like the gooseneck hitch in the back as I have towed a horse trailer with 6 horses in it. I also regularly tow a 22ft party barge. I would definitely recomend this to anyone who wants a real truck.

Silverado vs F250
By rocket on 04/09/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Overall I have been happy with this truck, I use it to pull a 7000 lb 5th wheel camper, without any problems.

My review
By matt on 03/11/06 19:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The HD model rides quite well and has good power. The interior is comfortable and looks good, but does need more useable storage space and more cup holders. The truck has been trouble free for two years now

You Gotta get one!
By EJWHITT on 03/07/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had a GM truck since 88. This is by far the finest truck i have owned. the Duramax/Allison combo has performed flawlessly. it has delivered power and dependability that to this day still satisfies my decision to forgoe the LT 5.3 gasser and go with the LS diesel. I travel for my job and use this as a sales vehicle. No regrets. I put 285's on and the truck looks great!

Great Riding Workhorse
By greenviewconst on 01/24/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Super reliable truck with a great ride despite being heavy duty (2500HD). Will pull large equipment trailer with no problem while carrying a load.

2004 chevy 2500 HD
By clay on 11/02/05 21:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for almost one year and I am thoughly impressed with it. The only complaints I have beside the poor mileage 6.0 L. motor is that the sheet metal is way too thin. This is supposed to a heavy duty truck! They're great trucks to drive or pull with, but for working out of with guys loading tools in the back and especially over the sides they are too easily dented. The only mechanical issues I've encountered is a irritating wind noise on the passenger side at the windshield and an annoying rattle inside the steering column. I drive off road daily on construction sites and the rattle developed quickly. This the second HD I've had with this problem. But overall a great truck.