Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Chevy Rules
By Jake

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very good truck. It has not needed a repair for 6 years. I use it to snowplow and it performs very well. The seats are extremely comfortable for snowplowing all day. The back seats have a lot of room. I am overall very pleased with my truck.

4wd, Room, Trailer tow

Make the truck higher from the ground

Longest I've owned a vehicle
By Beetle

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Chevy truck I've owned and by far the best!! i opted for the Duramax/Allison 4x4. i have pulled trailers and used as a vacation vehicle loaded to the gills. Great performance and comfort. I did install a ARE intake and a Magnaflow 5" stainless turbo back. I am receiving about 23 mpg @ 75mph a/c on.. can you imagine Akron,Oh to Cooperstown NY on 3/4 tank of fuel. Probably drive this till anique plates are installed. Cant miss. (Traded LT for LS model for diesel option. NO Regrets. Truck is almost 7 years old and i have not even replaced a single light bulb anywhere.

Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Durable Cloth Interior

minor but....better adhesive on headliner

Great Truck
By chriss8935

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent truck, I have the duramax allison combo and get 18-20 mpg just can't complain for an almost 8,000lb truck. I pull campers all over US and Canada and have 176,000 miles on it as of now and have had no problems. I have heard of people saying that the LLY duramax have overheating issues but I have pulled over 26,000lbs in over 100 degrees and have no overheating issues what so ever. Of course I drive easy in those temp's with that much weight. I love this truck and it has paid for itself three times over. Keep up the good work Chevrolet.

Heated leather for the long drives, Bose radio and smooth ride. Also Onstar is great.

truck needs "auto pilot" so I can sleep and make money at same time,LOL. I am sure if I really thought about it I could come up with some improvements, but a truck with 176,000 miles and has made me over $150,000 I don't think I am going to nit pick.

Excellent truck
By chriss8935

I have owned this truck for over three years and it is my second Duramax. If you do proper maintenance these trucks will last a very long time. I have over 600,000 miles on my first Duramax and it's getting tired, and I just don't trust it real far anymore although I still drive it around the farm and into town. I drive my trucks very hard and I do not have time for breakdowns, so if you are looking for a hard working truck that will last look no further, Chevy has outdone themselves.

Towing power of the Duramax Allison combo, comfort, reliability.

The only thing I would change is to put the heated seat buttons in the center console instead of on the doors. Tired of reaching across the truck to turn on passenger seat for warm up.

My best truck ever
By mam643

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since new in '04. A truly fantastic truck to drive and tow with. The Durmax engine with the Allison tranny is a superb setup. The best GM has ever put out. I think the ride is a bit rough when empty though. I may try upgrading to new shocks and tires here soon.

Duramax and Allison transmission

Tougher metal in the bed rails