2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Chevy Rules
By Jake on 01/20/10 09:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is a very good truck. It has not needed a repair for 6 years. I use it to snowplow and it performs very well. The seats are extremely comfortable for snowplowing all day. The back seats have a lot of room. I am overall very pleased with my truck.

Longest I've owned a vehicle
By Beetle on 01/18/10 21:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Chevy truck I've owned and by far the best!! i opted for the Duramax/Allison 4x4. i have pulled trailers and used as a vacation vehicle loaded to the gills. Great performance and comfort. I did install a ARE intake and a Magnaflow 5" stainless turbo back. I am receiving about 23 mpg @ 75mph a/c on.. can you imagine Akron,Oh to Cooperstown NY on 3/4 tank of fuel. Probably drive this till anique plates are installed. Cant miss. (Traded LT for LS model for diesel option. NO Regrets. Truck is almost 7 years old and i have not even replaced a single light bulb anywhere.

Great Truck
By chriss8935 on 02/28/09 09:08 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an excellent truck, I have the duramax allison combo and get 18-20 mpg just can't complain for an almost 8,000lb truck. I pull campers all over US and Canada and have 176,000 miles on it as of now and have had no problems. I have heard of people saying that the LLY duramax have overheating issues but I have pulled over 26,000lbs in over 100 degrees and have no overheating issues what so ever. Of course I drive easy in those temp's with that much weight. I love this truck and it has paid for itself three times over. Keep up the good work Chevrolet.

Excellent truck
By chriss8935 on 10/09/08 05:29 AM (PDT)

I have owned this truck for over three years and it is my second Duramax. If you do proper maintenance these trucks will last a very long time. I have over 600,000 miles on my first Duramax and it's getting tired, and I just don't trust it real far anymore although I still drive it around the farm and into town. I drive my trucks very hard and I do not have time for breakdowns, so if you are looking for a hard working truck that will last look no further, Chevy has outdone themselves.

My best truck ever
By mam643 on 06/14/06 03:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've had this truck since new in '04. A truly fantastic truck to drive and tow with. The Durmax engine with the Allison tranny is a superb setup. The best GM has ever put out. I think the ride is a bit rough when empty though. I may try upgrading to new shocks and tires here soon.

Real truck
By cwbyfan on 06/08/06 17:22 PM (PDT)

I just recently bought this truck almost a month ago and I absolutly love it. Gas milage stinks but it's a beast so what can you expect? I have the 6.0l engine and it sounds great with dual Flowmaster 40 series. I have noticed the turning radius is not all that great. I do like the gooseneck hitch in the back as I have towed a horse trailer with 6 horses in it. I also regularly tow a 22ft party barge. I would definitely recomend this to anyone who wants a real truck.

Silverado vs F250
By rocket on 04/09/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

Overall I have been happy with this truck, I use it to pull a 7000 lb 5th wheel camper, without any problems.

Great Riding Workhorse
By greenviewconst on 01/24/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Super reliable truck with a great ride despite being heavy duty (2500HD). Will pull large equipment trailer with no problem while carrying a load.

2004 chevy 2500 HD
By clay on 11/02/05 21:48 PM (PST)

I've owned this truck for almost one year and I am thoughly impressed with it. The only complaints I have beside the poor mileage 6.0 L. motor is that the sheet metal is way too thin. This is supposed to a heavy duty truck! They're great trucks to drive or pull with, but for working out of with guys loading tools in the back and especially over the sides they are too easily dented. The only mechanical issues I've encountered is a irritating wind noise on the passenger side at the windshield and an annoying rattle inside the steering column. I drive off road daily on construction sites and the rattle developed quickly. This the second HD I've had with this problem. But overall a great truck.

Tough, reliable, sharp
By Whoolio on 08/16/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Will pull a house off its foundation and drives beautifully. MPG is what you'd expect from a heavy truck, but don't drive like a fool and it improves. Travels very well, even through mountain areas.