2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Reliable ride
By Sam on 09/06/10 12:55 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

156,000 miles of towing, hauling, and mountain driving as a contractor and hunter the only problems Ive had are the wheel bearings and prndl switch needed to be replaced. As comfortable as long distance driving in an HD pickup is really gonna get. Interior layout is well thought out but materials are slightly cheap. Leveled out with 33" mud tires I still get about 16 mpg in town and 20 mpg on the highway. With a heavy job trailer it doesn't pull quite as strongly as I would like but I don't think anything ever will. Off road capability is as good as it needs to be.

I'd buy another but I doubt I'll have to
By joemtf on 11/17/08 11:36 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had Chevy trucks in the past and when I was looking for I new one, I decided to expand my search. I test drove a Ford F250. I liked the power and looks but I was cramped in the seat and it felt like I was driving a covered wagon. An insurance adjuster said to stay away from the Dodge. They won't hold up as well in an accident as the Ford and Chevy. So I bought a new 2004 Chevy Duramax 2500HD, LB 4x4 and I love it! I have 110,000 miles and a steady 16.9 mpg here in Colorado. We haul two ATV's on a bulldog carrier in the bed and pull a 26 ft. travel trailer through the mountains with no problem. The only mods are an air intake system and air bags in the back. Zero problems!

Great work truck
By mike3939 on 09/23/07 13:39 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck really pulls. My trailer is 34' and heavy. This truck will pull the load up hill and pass most anything on the road. The brace running up the rear wheel wells lacks class. 13 MPG or 10 MPG towing. The gas engine was considerably less expensive to buy, maintain, and unleaded is fuel is cheaper. Glad I choose a gas engine.

2500HD Crew 4wd
By glen on 04/03/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love the truck. I have always driven Fords, but the big block gas engine can't be beat. I get all of the torque and HP of a diesel without the smell and noise. It will pull anything you attach to it (including stumps and trees much to my wife's dismay). The trailer towing package makes hooking up a trailer a breeze. The truck drives better with 10,000 lbs than empty. You can expect to pass everything except a gas station. (avg 10 mpg, but I didn't buy it for gas milage) The comfort is great on trips and I can carry everthing I may need or want with room to spare. The rear seat entertainment is unbeatable for the kids. They will sit in the truck to watch DVDs more than in the house.

55,000 miles, perfect truck
By Up Hill on 02/04/07 17:38 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Performance, outstanding. Acceleration with a full load or with a heavy trailer is all I could want. Comfort. This is a 3/4 ton truck, so with that understood it is very comfortable. We have driven 24 hours straight more than once with no complaints. Fuel economy. Duramax/Allison gives me 17.5 mpg since new with 50/50 mix of hwy/city mi. 19.9 mpg with light load at 65 mph. Amazing for 3/4 ton 4X4. Fun to drive. Well, OK I guess, for a truck. Build quality, reliability. I have had no failures of any kind in 55k. Exterior design. Who thought up the stupid slant-eyed headlights? Ugly, ugly. There is little to find fault with, and much to like.

Excellent Truck
By WHG4AU on 11/24/06 09:54 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck brand new from the dealer and have been extremely satisfied with it so far. The interior comfort is fantastic for a guy 6'8". Performance is great except for the fuel mileage. 13 MPG is my average around town. I added an Airade intake and a throttle body spacer along with a Flowmaster exhaust and it sounds and performs great! Terriffic power and reliability. Comfortable ride with a car-like feel. I fully recommend the Chevrolet 2500HD trucks!

My review
By matt on 03/11/06 19:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The HD model rides quite well and has good power. The interior is comfortable and looks good, but does need more useable storage space and more cup holders. The truck has been trouble free for two years now

You Gotta get one!
By EJWHITT on 03/07/06 15:37 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had a GM truck since 88. This is by far the finest truck i have owned. the Duramax/Allison combo has performed flawlessly. it has delivered power and dependability that to this day still satisfies my decision to forgoe the LT 5.3 gasser and go with the LS diesel. I travel for my job and use this as a sales vehicle. No regrets. I put 285's on and the truck looks great!

King size Cadillac
By Ryan on 03/08/05 22:14 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was almost convinced to buy into the 4 door Tundra until I opted to go with bow tie muscle. This is my first Silverado and I will never drive another brand again. Im stuck with GM for life now. This truck has it all. More power than the others and a lot of nice ammenities come with the LT package. Still working up the miles on her. No problems at all. All I receive is compliments on my truck and the Silverado wave from other Silverado drivers. You must drive one to appreciate it. You dont gain much from a quick test drive. Find a friend or family member with one and take it for a spin. You will be sold on Silverado.

What happened to fuel mileage?
By gdsbls on 12/07/04 10:29 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Second 2500HD we have owned in three years - love em'. But what happened to the fuel mileage. Our 02 HD got 16-18 and this one might get 11 on a good day. 04' has more horsepower and added features. Pulls anything from our equipment to our camper with no problems. Rides good for an HD. Much more room than the Dodge or Ford - but with this fuel mileage (diesel) we may have to give up some comforts and switch over for the first time ever - and we currently own 5 GM products.