Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

2004 2500HD
By jaycocamprs

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Have driven this truck for 1 year. Pull an 8000-pound 5th wheel camper with it. Ride is good for 2500 truck. Handles the weight real well. Power is good for small block gas engine. Clutch slave cylinder failed at 10000 miles.

Favorite Features

It's just a plain truck without any extras

One tough truck
By Ryan

I went from a 1975 IH Scout, my first truck, to the 2500HD. So it rides like a Cadillac, to me anyway. I like the ride to be a little stiff, it makes me feel connected to the rode. For those who say it rides too rough, did you test drive it? And do you realize what this truck is intended for? Get a 1500 if you want a smooth ride. The 6.0L is very strong but I would like a little more "get up and go". The interior quality could be stepped up a little also. The turning radius is decent and stock exhaust is throaty. Definitely recommend this truck if it serves your purpose.

Favorite Features

6.0L pulls like a champ.

Suggested Improvements

Faster acceleration and better fuel mileage. Maybe offer a gear ratio other than 4:10. Bigger tires from factory.