Shocked with all the positive Reviews
By edthebuilder on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
1st, I have the 8.1L engine. Pulls great but mileage is disgusting. $80 in the tank and the range says 212 miles. Only have 70K on it (who can afford to drive it). Purchased as dealer demo w/ 7K on it, got home & oil was not even on the stick. Found out that you must add a quart of oil every two fill ups. Dealer told me "that's normal". Gages went out & was part of recall & class action suit but that expired & now its $550 for a rebuilt unit...thanks GM. Garage stored but undercarriage is all rusted! Brakes are awful. Lots of confidence w/ 10,000 lbs behind me on a wet road. This thing rides like a dump truck. This is my last GM EVER. I'm out... My next truck will be a Toyota
Favorite Features
It does pull well. When I pull trailers, you don't know they are back there, until you need to break. The interior cabin is reasonably well designed and the seats are comfortable but very stiff.
Suggested Improvements
Braking system is poor. gas mileage must be improved. Electronics are poor but I have never had a GM that hasn't had electrical issues. undercarriage should be better coated. Oil consumption is unacceptable.