2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: Love my Chevy HD. This is one

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Love my Chevy HD. This is one bad boy.
By Gary on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck! The 6.0 litre is powerful and smooth. With a locking differential and 4.10 gears this baby hooks for a 2wd. The one big complaint is bad MPG I average 12 to 13 no matter how I drive it; city or hwy. As far as its intended purpose it huals everything I want with no effort! Including, but not limited to cornering at 60-65 with a big heavy trailer and tractor very little sway and with the HD trans and cooler it never gets over 160 degrees with a load. Interior very spacious and well laid out. The suspension is tight and rides a little rough with no load but who cares its a HD.

HD transmission with cooler, heavy duty rearend with locking diff and 4.10 gears. Rear suspension craves heavy loads. I love the body style and interior layout. Added nerf bars, mud flaps for front tires, HID lights, wire mesh grille, flowmasters, K&N filter, tinted windows, infinity speakers.

6 speed transmission for better acceleration and gas mileage. Lose the plastic tailgate handle