2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: Could have been better

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Could have been better
By tnparrothead on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

After my break in period I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. I went from averaging 14mpg/city to 11mpg/city. Once I hit a little more than 1,000 miles I noticed a problem in my steering. The dealership said it was probably the intermediate shaft but it has been intermittent and because they could not hear or feel it the day I took it down they did not want to chage it out. At about 5,000 miles the service 4WD warning came on. The very next time I started the vehicle it looked fine. It happened a couple more times and the dealer was unable to find a problem with my 4WD system.

I like the power fold in mirrors. There is quite a bit of room in the backseat. The seatbelts in the front are in a very comfortable position.

The airdam on the front could have been designed better so that the vehicle came with larger tires. Atleast 31s. The wheels are also very narrow for a truck this size. They are only 6.5".