Chevy Duramax Diesel Rocks
By Comab on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
I had a 90 Chevy work truck then switched to the Ford F250 Super Duty. Now I'm back to Chevy with the 2500HD 4X4 Diesel. I found what I was looking for; all the things that the Ford didn't have. Much more comfortable ride. The LB tracks wonderfully on the interstate at 80-85 mph. Better fuel economy.The diesel has lots of power and acceptable acceleration. Easy to get in and out of and also low enough to work out of. The plastic in the grill seems soft and easily scratches with bug impacts. The tires and wheels are purposely small to max out the torque, but they look too small for the truck. When washed and clean it gets positive stares.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, power locks and integrated horn, lights, security system. Good factory stereo. Excellent cup holders and location, Cruise control, Diesel & Trany--A+
Suggested Improvements
Better air flow across the hood. Lower body armor panels like the Avalanche. Quality seat coves as an option. Harder plastic in the grill to resist scratches and bug/gravel impacts. Larger tires and wheels, optional chip to boost hp.