Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

short changed
By handfull1224

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

heater, wouldn t shut off for about amonth. service 4 wheel drive light comes on often, dealer checked it, said its ok, service brakes comes on, thats ok too. memory seats dont hold memory, heated seats dont come on right away, steering wheel knock developed. paint comming of radio knobs, and steering wheel controls, compass likes to point southwest, expensive piece of junk, lists $39,000. G.M., your done! as far as I'm concerned.

satellite radio, fold in mirrors,

Excellent Truck All Around
By Brian Schumacher

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

No defects, flawless performance, awesome reliablity.

Tranny and Engine are bulletproof.

Front design a little odd, fixed in 04'.

Can't Go Wrong
By Sodajerk

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is the pickup I always wanted, and now I have it. It rides smooth, has plenty of features, and runs great.

*3?*?evious pickup was built in 1989, I had never had features like power locks, windows, seats, push button 4x4, airbags, ALB, and a decent stereo system. With the Vortec 6000, this truck has power to spare and will pull anything...smoothly.

Gas mileage averages about 12.5 - 13 mpg. Also the cruise control gets a little jumpy, around 55 mph it will surge up and down a little. I've also had to replace the stereo in it twice due to CDs skipping in hot and cold weather. I've also had trouble with the air conditioner.

A Few Problems
By chevrolet man

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a few trucks and the Silverado seems to be the best. I have had to bring the truck back to the dealer a few times for little problems,passenger door had a rattle- steering was not tight,all of the problems have been addressed by the dealerand fixed.I am towing a travel trailer(7700 lbs)with no problem,it has the power when I need it.I will be buying another Chevy in the futher.After comparing Ford, Dodge and Chevy, for the money Chevy was the best deal.

Towing power-seats are very comfortable- apperance of truck.

Gas milage(I own a Corvette and the gas milage is so much better in it compared to the Silverado)if chevy can make a sports car like the Corvette and it gets OK gas milage you would think that chevy could do something in the lines of giving the Silverado line better gas milage.

Could have been better
By tnparrothead

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

After my break in period I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. I went from averaging 14mpg/city to 11mpg/city. Once I hit a little more than 1,000 miles I noticed a problem in my steering. The dealership said it was probably the intermediate shaft but it has been intermittent and because they could not hear or feel it the day I took it down they did not want to chage it out. At about 5,000 miles the service 4WD warning came on. The very next time I started the vehicle it looked fine. It happened a couple more times and the dealer was unable to find a problem with my 4WD system.

I like the power fold in mirrors. There is quite a bit of room in the backseat. The seatbelts in the front are in a very comfortable position.

The airdam on the front could have been designed better so that the vehicle came with larger tires. Atleast 31s. The wheels are also very narrow for a truck this size. They are only 6.5".