2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews 6

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Whatta Puller!
By Y2K_MPV on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Heckuva truck! I am pulling a 6000 lb. travel trailer with the 6.0 liter and 4sp auto. This truck was built to pull and pull it does. On hills that would have lesser trucks in 3rd gear this one marches up in overdrive. The mileage runs in the mid 12's. It sounds low but one has to consider the 4.10 gears which gives it the power. I am thoroughly satisfied.

Awesome truck
By Dystin on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck kicks a** so powerful will take out a Dodge anyday.

Wife's Truck
By Jimf on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I thought this was for me. I get to drive the car and she takes the truck. The 8.1 L engine combined with the allison automatic is perfect. Get 12+ mpg on the road and 9 to 10 pulling the 30' trailer. This is much better than my '93 ford ever did. The allison does make noise at low speeds but that is to be expected with heaver gears. We have made several trips and it performed perfectly.

My work truck
By Torjaq on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

It is ready to work at all times and all types of conditions.

Big Lemon
By lonebull on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is totally unreliable due to excessive and severe electrical/computer problems that Chevrolet cannot fix. The Duramax diesel is not as economical as my Ford 7.3l Diesel. The salesperson lied when he said the Duramax diesel will not "stink" like a Ford. It does!!!!

Best farm truck
By Farm Boy on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

workhorse Reliably fun power mudinn truck like a rock good awsome cool never quiks on me

my truck
By justin witczak on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

the front dash panel is popping out and is of poor quality,also I got a flat and could not lower the wheel to change it! I had to take it to the dealer!

Do Your Homework....
By Contractor on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my chevy for almost four months now. It has spent EIGHT days in the shop already. It started with the "service 4 wheel drive" light. Then it started locking the doors all the time, even when it was suppose to unlock them. The dealership has replaced switchs, The TCCM, and two encoder motors. The second motor was the redesigned one. They are now telling me that a re-redesigned encoder motor is available only through district reps. In other words they may or may not have a part that will fix the problem. DON'T BUY THIS TRUCK!

Excellent Truck
By chevyman16 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is the best. I can't say one bad thing about it. I own 5 Chevys and have never had one single problem with any of them. GM is superior to all other vehcile manufactures. My Silverado is great. I advise all looking for a new truck to head to your local Chevy dealer and take one for a spin. You'll love it!

DuraMax/Allison towing machine
By BlackSilver on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a medium sized (10,000# dry weight) 5th-wheel RV, often in mountain and hilly terrain. This truck is absolutely perfect for this application. The Duramax diesel with the Allison transmission is the best matched "power pulling" combination I've seen outside of the big rigs. Quiet and strong, the truck is ALWAYS in the right gear for the situation. The downhill performance is almost spooky, since the Allison automagically downshifts to save your brakes on long downhill runs. The LT interior(leather seating, dual zone independent climate control, etc.) is every bit as plush as any luxury car, and makes long trips downright pleasant.