2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Strong player
By mrbreakit on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

95% of my driving is on highways, in all sorts of weather, over hill and dale. Does great in rain and snow. Pulls strong right from the start (4.10 gears), but milage suffers - avg 12.2 MPG. Better MPG with the 3.73 gears, or get the DuraMax. Quiet ride, Bose / XM satellite combo is amazing, very comfy seats, rides great for a HD truck. Heater is really hot, A/C is mediocre at best. Aux driving lights are actually useful. One gripe - the weld job on the bed is terrible - top of the bed rails are full of ripples. Besides that - Overall, very pleased.

L O V E
By CvyLvr on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Well... Chevy did a good job! There is one thing that i really dont like though... who the hell thought of making an all aluminum diesel?? I dont know... The truck has okay power from the factory, but i recommend getting a Quadzilla power chip for it. You can turn the chip on and off with a switch on the dash!

BEST TRUCK EVER-BAR NONE
By HHHANSEN on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Strong truck,hauls my wood, cattle, and my grand children with equal ease !! I love the truck .I have had no major problems, and i use the truck as a truck,no sissy suv. here.

UnHappy Owner
By HenriL on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had to take the Truck in 4 times to get the AC worked on, they replace the compresor once and still takes 4 to 5 minutes to start to get cold air from the AC system. NO good when you live in Florida. I see alot of people with chevrolet truck with one burn driving light and now I join them 600 Hour on the Enging and already changing a bulb, I don't think is very good qualaty. and last thing. DO NOT drive your truck in the woods, any brush will scratch your pain, again low quality.

Great truck
By Chris99 on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I'm not sure which truck I picked from the list but I have the 4WD, Duramax with an Alison transmission. The truck has great power starting off and is quicker then my 2002 F250 Power Stroke. This truck is much quieter and more comfortable. So fat I have driven +20000 miles and have had no problems. I love my truck!

My 2500HD Deisel with Allison Tranny
By Marvin Belrose on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

You did not list the excellent Duramax diesel option, nor the 5 speed Allison transmission. I recently purchased this vehicle, and can honestly say that I am astounded at it's performance. Since we are going to upsize the trailer soon, I bought the new truck to handle nearly any trailer towing possibility we may have in the immediate future. The torque from this engine is unbelievable, and the Allison tranny hooks up with the engine so smoothly that it is indeed a pleasure to drive. We have seen a 20% decrease in fuel consumption, and feel much more secure in braking situations, and downhill situations. A great truck!

tankers
By mmccray88 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

gas mileage could be better,great stereo system,ride quality could be a little softer,a/c could be a little colder.

Like a rock, no more like a boulder
By Stephen C on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had my truck for 2 months now, and it is great. My only regret is that I didn't look harder for one with a manual transmission. Not that the auto is bad, but I only get about 13 mpg and a top speed of about 96 mph. I looked at every Chevy and GMC dealer in the north half of Dallas, though, so it's not likely that I would have found one. My only complaint is the 26 gallon fuel tank - They have the same tank for the 4.3L V6 as the 6.0L V8.

Chevy Duramax Diesel Rocks
By Comab on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 90 Chevy work truck then switched to the Ford F250 Super Duty. Now I'm back to Chevy with the 2500HD 4X4 Diesel. I found what I was looking for; all the things that the Ford didn't have. Much more comfortable ride. The LB tracks wonderfully on the interstate at 80-85 mph. Better fuel economy.The diesel has lots of power and acceptable acceleration. Easy to get in and out of and also low enough to work out of. The plastic in the grill seems soft and easily scratches with bug impacts. The tires and wheels are purposely small to max out the torque, but they look too small for the truck. When washed and clean it gets positive stares.

Finally!
By KF07 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Finally an alternative truck for those caught btw wanting a diesel or gas power. The 300hp gas 6.0L packs a hard punch for doing most anything you need it too do without paying 6-7k more for an option you really will never capitalize on. Super job GM on a heavy duty suspension that glides across the pavement.