2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
A Few Problems
By chevrolet man on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned a few trucks and the Silverado seems to be the best. I have had to bring the truck back to the dealer a few times for little problems,passenger door had a rattle- steering was not tight,all of the problems have been addressed by the dealerand fixed.I am towing a travel trailer(7700 lbs)with no problem,it has the power when I need it.I will be buying another Chevy in the futher.After comparing Ford, Dodge and Chevy, for the money Chevy was the best deal.

Strong player
By mrbreakit on 02/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

95% of my driving is on highways, in all sorts of weather, over hill and dale. Does great in rain and snow. Pulls strong right from the start (4.10 gears), but milage suffers - avg 12.2 MPG. Better MPG with the 3.73 gears, or get the DuraMax. Quiet ride, Bose / XM satellite combo is amazing, very comfy seats, rides great for a HD truck. Heater is really hot, A/C is mediocre at best. Aux driving lights are actually useful. One gripe - the weld job on the bed is terrible - top of the bed rails are full of ripples. Besides that - Overall, very pleased.

BEST TRUCK EVER-BAR NONE
By HHHANSEN on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Strong truck,hauls my wood, cattle, and my grand children with equal ease !! I love the truck .I have had no major problems, and i use the truck as a truck,no sissy suv. here.

My 2500HD Deisel with Allison Tranny
By Marvin Belrose on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

You did not list the excellent Duramax diesel option, nor the 5 speed Allison transmission. I recently purchased this vehicle, and can honestly say that I am astounded at it's performance. Since we are going to upsize the trailer soon, I bought the new truck to handle nearly any trailer towing possibility we may have in the immediate future. The torque from this engine is unbelievable, and the Allison tranny hooks up with the engine so smoothly that it is indeed a pleasure to drive. We have seen a 20% decrease in fuel consumption, and feel much more secure in braking situations, and downhill situations. A great truck!

tankers
By mmccray88 on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

gas mileage could be better,great stereo system,ride quality could be a little softer,a/c could be a little colder.

Chevy Duramax Diesel Rocks
By Comab on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 90 Chevy work truck then switched to the Ford F250 Super Duty. Now I'm back to Chevy with the 2500HD 4X4 Diesel. I found what I was looking for; all the things that the Ford didn't have. Much more comfortable ride. The LB tracks wonderfully on the interstate at 80-85 mph. Better fuel economy.The diesel has lots of power and acceptable acceleration. Easy to get in and out of and also low enough to work out of. The plastic in the grill seems soft and easily scratches with bug impacts. The tires and wheels are purposely small to max out the torque, but they look too small for the truck. When washed and clean it gets positive stares.

Wife's Truck
By Jimf on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I thought this was for me. I get to drive the car and she takes the truck. The 8.1 L engine combined with the allison automatic is perfect. Get 12+ mpg on the road and 9 to 10 pulling the 30' trailer. This is much better than my '93 ford ever did. The allison does make noise at low speeds but that is to be expected with heaver gears. We have made several trips and it performed perfectly.

my truck
By justin witczak on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

the front dash panel is popping out and is of poor quality,also I got a flat and could not lower the wheel to change it! I had to take it to the dealer!

DuraMax/Allison towing machine
By BlackSilver on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I pull a medium sized (10,000# dry weight) 5th-wheel RV, often in mountain and hilly terrain. This truck is absolutely perfect for this application. The Duramax diesel with the Allison transmission is the best matched "power pulling" combination I've seen outside of the big rigs. Quiet and strong, the truck is ALWAYS in the right gear for the situation. The downhill performance is almost spooky, since the Allison automagically downshifts to save your brakes on long downhill runs. The LT interior(leather seating, dual zone independent climate control, etc.) is every bit as plush as any luxury car, and makes long trips downright pleasant.

Chevy the only Truck
By Grayman on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my first 2500HD, I've had Blazers, Z71's, and a 02 Tahoe. This is by far the badass. I love every minute i'm in it. When I'm not in it I'm thinking about it. It's truly the Hammer