Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Silverado Rules
By Sharpie

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great puller with the DuraMax and Allison trans. Traveled about 10,000 miles this last year (first year of ownership) with a 28' travel trailer got 10 MPG usually driving 65 or faster.

Rear seat Heat /AC - folding & heated mirrors - rear window, and bed topper

Wider opening on rear doors, remote starter on the diesel engine, more torque

Great Truck
By Ralph

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it off lease with 35,000 miles on it. Looks and runs new. Seems to have plenty of power and will be put to the test when I hook up the fifth wheel. I have a 2002 Suburban that is the best vehicle I have ever owned and the reason I bought this.

Tow vehicle
By lb20fathoms

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Super truck for pulling and long rides. It needs a bigger gas tank. 26 gallons standard when you get 12 miles to a gallon isn't enough. Also needs better quality seats. I have had the driver's seat recovered twice under warranty, and I'm not an overly big guy.

Strong truck with lots of power.

Better seats. Level the ride. The nose sits lower than all the competition, but I guess that's the price you pay for the ride. You still feel small when you are next to a Ram or an F-250

This truck is no good
By marc

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned 9 new vehicles in my life with 4 of them purchased to use for a business. This truck is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had so many different things wrong with one vehicle. Today was the last straw. 40,000 miles and the water pump is out. This vehicle has had electrical problems and still does, radio issues 5 different factory radios,it is on its 3rd exhaust system, tailgate latch issues, seat covers defective, seat belts wearing out and fraying, suspension issues in the front that a frame shop had to repair steering shaft had to be replaced the threshold on the rocker panel was broken and had to replaced. I am running out of room to name everthing

It is comfortable to drive

The vehicle needs better components.

Big Dog Motor Rocks
By Harpo

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 94 K2500, 6.5 diesel for the 8.1 vortex with the Allison tranny and all I can say is wow!!. The Big Dog Motor pulls my 5th wheel with no effort at all especially when it comes to climbing long......hills. Combined with the Allison tranny, this is the best power drive train that a RVer could dream for save for the Duramax. I get about 10.5 mpg when towing and 14 mpg when not which is not to bad with 4.10 gearing. My wife likes the quiet ride although it's little stiffer than the old truck (new truck has the camper package). The 03 exterior stying is Ok but a prefer the older 02.

Power, Power, Power

Need a bigger gas tank option for the 8.1. A 26 gal tank is too small. A 40 plus gal center mounted would do the trick.