2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Whatta Puller!
By Y2K_MPV on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Heckuva truck! I am pulling a 6000 lb. travel trailer with the 6.0 liter and 4sp auto. This truck was built to pull and pull it does. On hills that would have lesser trucks in 3rd gear this one marches up in overdrive. The mileage runs in the mid 12's. It sounds low but one has to consider the 4.10 gears which gives it the power. I am thoroughly satisfied.

Awesome truck
By Dystin on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck kicks a** so powerful will take out a Dodge anyday.

My work truck
By Torjaq on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

It is ready to work at all times and all types of conditions.

Big Lemon
By lonebull on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This vehicle is totally unreliable due to excessive and severe electrical/computer problems that Chevrolet cannot fix. The Duramax diesel is not as economical as my Ford 7.3l Diesel. The salesperson lied when he said the Duramax diesel will not "stink" like a Ford. It does!!!!

Do Your Homework....
By Contractor on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my chevy for almost four months now. It has spent EIGHT days in the shop already. It started with the "service 4 wheel drive" light. Then it started locking the doors all the time, even when it was suppose to unlock them. The dealership has replaced switchs, The TCCM, and two encoder motors. The second motor was the redesigned one. They are now telling me that a re-redesigned encoder motor is available only through district reps. In other words they may or may not have a part that will fix the problem. DON'T BUY THIS TRUCK!

Excellent Truck
By chevyman16 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is the best. I can't say one bad thing about it. I own 5 Chevys and have never had one single problem with any of them. GM is superior to all other vehcile manufactures. My Silverado is great. I advise all looking for a new truck to head to your local Chevy dealer and take one for a spin. You'll love it!

Beward of 4WD problems
By tractorboy on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

"Service 4WD" warning constantly comes on. 4WD now doesn't work at all. The truck has already spent 10 days in service departments (I've only owned it for 3 months). The power windows failed, the radio stopped working, and the A/C went out. They've been able to fix everything but the 4WD/Transfer case problems. First it was a "software update". Then it was a "control module". Then it was an "encoder motor". They finally admitted they can't fix it. To make things worse, GM isn't backing it up. This is absolutely the worst truck I've ever owned and it only has 4,000 miles on it.

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
By nineseas on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I drive to work and look over the traffic. I can see a backup in time to take an exit. The Personal Driving electronics is a great help to stay off the gas, but the power is there when needed! God Love American V-8s! When I get to work I want to go drive somewhere for lunch. I can drive my friends now that I have 4 doors. My S-10 wouldn't let me take 'the gang'. My 12 yr old son loves to climb up into the truck and then as we drive, he can look over the guradrail into the countryside. My neighbor has an older Chevy diesel and you could hear the pride as he talked about HIS Chevy and 150000 miles already. I'm a Chevy Man, man!

good truck
By mdje on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

no problems better than any ford ever built

A good towing truck
By joeinsanjose on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Good points: Crew cab comfortable for 5 people. Towing capability is superb. Quiet for diesel. Bad points: Alarm for "Service 4WD" go off at 1,100 miles. Limp to dealer and he resets computer. Turns out it's a known software glitch. Still, I was hundreds of miles from home and it shouldn't happen to a new truck. The tranny has a temp gauge but it's separate from other gauges so you have to keep looking back and forth. No huge deal but a small ergonomic detail that could be improved. Otherwise, we are very happy with it. Will let you all know the score after 10,000 miles. We are at roughly 2,000 miles now. Joe.