2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Silverado Rules
By Sharpie on 02/17/06 20:42 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great puller with the DuraMax and Allison trans. Traveled about 10,000 miles this last year (first year of ownership) with a 28' travel trailer got 10 MPG usually driving 65 or faster.

Great Truck
By Ralph on 09/10/05 21:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it off lease with 35,000 miles on it. Looks and runs new. Seems to have plenty of power and will be put to the test when I hook up the fifth wheel. I have a 2002 Suburban that is the best vehicle I have ever owned and the reason I bought this.

Ear to ear grin
By Dan on 07/07/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great riding and looking truck, rides much better than Ford and Dodge. The crew cab is plenty spacious for 6. All shined up the truck looks great with chrome tube step bars. The Duramax diesel is a great engine, very quiet and powerful. Instrumentation is better than any other truck, period. Real gauges, with numbers (are you listening Dodge?), are the only way to go, not fake gauges like on the Fords. The bench seat console is very comfortable, much better than the armrests on the bucket seats. The RDS radio is cool, shows what song and station are on. Dual zone climate control is neat, cold for me, warm for the Mrs. I'd buy again, very nice truck, very nice ride.

Tow vehicle
By lb20fathoms on 06/26/05 11:22 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Super truck for pulling and long rides. It needs a bigger gas tank. 26 gallons standard when you get 12 miles to a gallon isn't enough. Also needs better quality seats. I have had the driver's seat recovered twice under warranty, and I'm not an overly big guy.

This truck is no good
By marc on 04/28/05 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned 9 new vehicles in my life with 4 of them purchased to use for a business. This truck is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had so many different things wrong with one vehicle. Today was the last straw. 40,000 miles and the water pump is out. This vehicle has had electrical problems and still does, radio issues 5 different factory radios,it is on its 3rd exhaust system, tailgate latch issues, seat covers defective, seat belts wearing out and fraying, suspension issues in the front that a frame shop had to repair steering shaft had to be replaced the threshold on the rocker panel was broken and had to replaced. I am running out of room to name everthing

Great Truck
By WYLDFYRE on 03/07/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is much more fun to drive and handles very well as compared to a 1500 model. You cannot over-work or over-haul this truck.

Big Dog Motor Rocks
By Harpo on 11/11/04 16:38 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I traded my 94 K2500, 6.5 diesel for the 8.1 vortex with the Allison tranny and all I can say is wow!!. The Big Dog Motor pulls my 5th wheel with no effort at all especially when it comes to climbing long......hills. Combined with the Allison tranny, this is the best power drive train that a RVer could dream for save for the Duramax. I get about 10.5 mpg when towing and 14 mpg when not which is not to bad with 4.10 gearing. My wife likes the quiet ride although it's little stiffer than the old truck (new truck has the camper package). The 03 exterior stying is Ok but a prefer the older 02.

Great Truck Will Be Buying A Newer One
By Cherilynn on 11/05/04 16:12 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I Love, Love, Love this truck.. This is the second truck I have owned from chevrolet. I have never had a problem with this truck other then routine maintance. So this truck is a must have for a person who is looking for both power, reliability and Comfort.

The Right Truck? - YES!
By Kevin K on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great all around truck. It's good for hauling all the family, friends AND all their junk - in spacious comfort, unlike an SUV, where you get room for people OR cargo. Performance is incredible from 6.0L V8, real-world gas mileage varies between 12 mpg city - 15 mpg hiway. VERY roomy & comfortable. Very well built - NO quality or reliability issues during 1st year of ownership.

GET A 5-SPD IF YOU WANT BETTER MILEAGE
By Stickman on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

these really are great trucks, and they don't have to get awful mileage. i am averaging 14.5 in town (i never get on the highway) with the 6.0 liter, 5 speed and 4.10 rear end. everything is stock, but am going to add a K&N filter and bigger tires soon. this is my 4th chevy PU in a row and i had 225,000 on my last one. nothing wrong with it, just got tired of driving it.