2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Great Truck
By John on 02/01/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Ford trucks and had nothing but trouble with them. This 2500HD is my 2nd Chevy and this truck is the best by far. I love driving this truck on the road. It handles very good in all kinds of weather. I have only 1 complaint. The "bad gas mileage

Love my Chevy HD. This is one bad boy.
By Gary on 11/25/07 11:44 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I love this truck! The 6.0 litre is powerful and smooth. With a locking differential and 4.10 gears this baby hooks for a 2wd. The one big complaint is bad MPG I average 12 to 13 no matter how I drive it; city or hwy. As far as its intended purpose it huals everything I want with no effort! Including, but not limited to cornering at 60-65 with a big heavy trailer and tractor very little sway and with the HD trans and cooler it never gets over 160 degrees with a load. Interior very spacious and well laid out. The suspension is tight and rides a little rough with no load but who cares its a HD.

No problems
By Charles on 11/21/07 15:47 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased vehicle 2 years old with about 32000 miles. I have had zero problems with the truck. It has fifth wheel for pulling gooseneck trailers. Long bed has plenty of room for large tool box and extra gear. Normally carry 3000-4000lb payloads when needed, it does this effortlessly.

Too Many Repairs
By Kurt on 10/30/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with the greatest of expectations. Duramax iesel, Allison trans. what a dream. It turned into a nightmare. The Injectors have been replaced 2 times, it seems that every time I turn around it is breaking. Heater, speedometer, transmision, the list and $$ go on and on, and this was all under 60000 miles but over the 36000 mile warranty. I have always been a GM corporation fan. They have always been good to me. This one makes me want to say GM you need a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper or I'm going to Toyota, Sorry. I hate to disrespect one of my idols but they just don't seem to have the quality or dependability I demand. So GM here it is 100,000 bumper/bumper or adios

Great truck
By eric on 05/27/07 19:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I work this truck hard everyday. It has 94k miles on it and never let me down. Not bad on gas considering I pull a trailer daily. I get about 11MPG and 14 to 16MPG without a load. Never been in the shop for repairs. Still runs as strong as the day I bought it

Great 2500 HD Duramax
By Will on 03/05/07 01:45 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. Have had other Chevrolet Trucks and Ford and this far exceeds them all. Only one problem since new Speedometor went out. Wife caught that and got it fixed prior to me coming home. Tow 32ft. 5th wheel at 10,000# dry with no problem. Duramax/Allison combination good match. Sure would be nice if larger tires and sat higher but that is ones preferance can do later if want. Allison Trany shifting from stop slight roughness till warmed up just a few times but the sound is like a tank shifting into gear. Comfortable for long trips, good milage, good power and no problems really to worry about. Like to get a new one but this one has a long life in it.

Chevy trucks rule!
By Devil on 06/19/06 05:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I use my trucks for landscaping and snow plowing. I have owned Fords in the past, but Chevy's trucks are by far the best in every category, not to mention, they have the most standard hp of them all. The locking differential and 4:20 gears are all optional on Fords trucks. My Chevy also will beat any 5.4 orv-10 in pick up off the line stock. Buy Chevy hd trucks, you cant go wrong.

Monster + comfort =get out of the way!
By chevyman on 05/14/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

0 problems-gets better mpg than Dodge or Ford. Can put over 5,000 lbs. in the bed and drive right along. Pulls my boat like its not even there (6.0 v8) no need for the big block. Heavy duty, heavy truck, load it down if you want and go right along!

My Silverado
By Steve Mulvihill on 03/19/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great all around vehicle. Used for hauling motorcycles. Commuting, trips. Average over 19MPG for all use. Lost transfer case at 60K.. Covered by warranty(defective). No other problems so far. Have 102K and I plan to take to 300K. On second set of tires. These will go easily past 120K mark. Change oil every 10K and run Mobil ONE after first 30K. Runs strong. Dealer replaced original radio because paint wore off the on button. Replace ment radio has a short. Too late to do anything about it. I would get an afetrmarket radio and not go back to the dealer for another repair. Still on first brakes with 50% wear remaining. Been a great all around vehicle.

By Mel on 03/15/06 09:39 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Good solid truck. Reliable, works as a prime mover of a family of 4 and two dogs. Does everything that I expect too.