2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
The Right Truck? - YES!
By Kevin K on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This is a great all around truck. It's good for hauling all the family, friends AND all their junk - in spacious comfort, unlike an SUV, where you get room for people OR cargo. Performance is incredible from 6.0L V8, real-world gas mileage varies between 12 mpg city - 15 mpg hiway. VERY roomy & comfortable. Very well built - NO quality or reliability issues during 1st year of ownership.

Excellent Truck All Around
By Brian Schumacher on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

No defects, flawless performance, awesome reliablity.

Could have been better
By tnparrothead on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

After my break in period I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. I went from averaging 14mpg/city to 11mpg/city. Once I hit a little more than 1,000 miles I noticed a problem in my steering. The dealership said it was probably the intermediate shaft but it has been intermittent and because they could not hear or feel it the day I took it down they did not want to chage it out. At about 5,000 miles the service 4WD warning came on. The very next time I started the vehicle it looked fine. It happened a couple more times and the dealer was unable to find a problem with my 4WD system.

UnHappy Owner
By HenriL on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I had to take the Truck in 4 times to get the AC worked on, they replace the compresor once and still takes 4 to 5 minutes to start to get cold air from the AC system. NO good when you live in Florida. I see alot of people with chevrolet truck with one burn driving light and now I join them 600 Hour on the Enging and already changing a bulb, I don't think is very good qualaty. and last thing. DO NOT drive your truck in the woods, any brush will scratch your pain, again low quality.

2500HD LS GOOD TO GO
By CU on the highway on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 3 chevys and the 2500HD is leaps and bounds above the rest. Before purchasing the 2500HD, I seriously looked at and test drove the Ford and Dodge trucks. Chevrolet is in a class by itself (which is above Ford and Dodge). Nice ride, plenty of power, nice interior and the exterior looks great. Great move by chevy with the "real" information center, bose stereo system and the roomy and "very comfortable" back seat.