2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Outstanding truck!
By dsc362 on 11/22/09 06:33 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THis truck has been a great vehicle. I have the Duramax Diesel / Allison tran, 4x4, CC, LT package. I added a powerchip programmer to it and I get around 18.5mpg, not pulling a trailer, around 13mpg pulling a loaded 18', but the power remains the same either way. You can not go wrong if you need a truck for driving around town or pulling a trailer around.

Great Truck
By John on 02/01/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Ford trucks and had nothing but trouble with them. This 2500HD is my 2nd Chevy and this truck is the best by far. I love driving this truck on the road. It handles very good in all kinds of weather. I have only 1 complaint. The "bad gas mileage

Too Many Repairs
By Kurt on 10/30/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with the greatest of expectations. Duramax iesel, Allison trans. what a dream. It turned into a nightmare. The Injectors have been replaced 2 times, it seems that every time I turn around it is breaking. Heater, speedometer, transmision, the list and $$ go on and on, and this was all under 60000 miles but over the 36000 mile warranty. I have always been a GM corporation fan. They have always been good to me. This one makes me want to say GM you need a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper or I'm going to Toyota, Sorry. I hate to disrespect one of my idols but they just don't seem to have the quality or dependability I demand. So GM here it is 100,000 bumper/bumper or adios

Great 2500 HD Duramax
By Will on 03/05/07 01:45 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. Have had other Chevrolet Trucks and Ford and this far exceeds them all. Only one problem since new Speedometor went out. Wife caught that and got it fixed prior to me coming home. Tow 32ft. 5th wheel at 10,000# dry with no problem. Duramax/Allison combination good match. Sure would be nice if larger tires and sat higher but that is ones preferance can do later if want. Allison Trany shifting from stop slight roughness till warmed up just a few times but the sound is like a tank shifting into gear. Comfortable for long trips, good milage, good power and no problems really to worry about. Like to get a new one but this one has a long life in it.

Monster + comfort =get out of the way!
By chevyman on 05/14/06 16:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

0 problems-gets better mpg than Dodge or Ford. Can put over 5,000 lbs. in the bed and drive right along. Pulls my boat like its not even there (6.0 v8) no need for the big block. Heavy duty, heavy truck, load it down if you want and go right along!

My Silverado
By Steve Mulvihill on 03/19/06 18:13 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great all around vehicle. Used for hauling motorcycles. Commuting, trips. Average over 19MPG for all use. Lost transfer case at 60K.. Covered by warranty(defective). No other problems so far. Have 102K and I plan to take to 300K. On second set of tires. These will go easily past 120K mark. Change oil every 10K and run Mobil ONE after first 30K. Runs strong. Dealer replaced original radio because paint wore off the on button. Replace ment radio has a short. Too late to do anything about it. I would get an afetrmarket radio and not go back to the dealer for another repair. Still on first brakes with 50% wear remaining. Been a great all around vehicle.

By Mel on 03/15/06 09:39 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Good solid truck. Reliable, works as a prime mover of a family of 4 and two dogs. Does everything that I expect too.

Ear to ear grin
By Dan on 07/07/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great riding and looking truck, rides much better than Ford and Dodge. The crew cab is plenty spacious for 6. All shined up the truck looks great with chrome tube step bars. The Duramax diesel is a great engine, very quiet and powerful. Instrumentation is better than any other truck, period. Real gauges, with numbers (are you listening Dodge?), are the only way to go, not fake gauges like on the Fords. The bench seat console is very comfortable, much better than the armrests on the bucket seats. The RDS radio is cool, shows what song and station are on. Dual zone climate control is neat, cold for me, warm for the Mrs. I'd buy again, very nice truck, very nice ride.

Great Truck
By WYLDFYRE on 03/07/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is much more fun to drive and handles very well as compared to a 1500 model. You cannot over-work or over-haul this truck.

Great Truck Will Be Buying A Newer One
By Cherilynn on 11/05/04 16:12 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I Love, Love, Love this truck.. This is the second truck I have owned from chevrolet. I have never had a problem with this truck other then routine maintance. So this truck is a must have for a person who is looking for both power, reliability and Comfort.