Used 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Outstanding truck!
By dsc362

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THis truck has been a great vehicle. I have the Duramax Diesel / Allison tran, 4x4, CC, LT package. I added a powerchip programmer to it and I get around 18.5mpg, not pulling a trailer, around 13mpg pulling a loaded 18', but the power remains the same either way. You can not go wrong if you need a truck for driving around town or pulling a trailer around.

MPG, interior design, POWER.

Injectors, had mine go out at 90k, but dealership repaired at no charge.

Great Truck
By John

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Ford trucks and had nothing but trouble with them. This 2500HD is my 2nd Chevy and this truck is the best by far. I love driving this truck on the road. It handles very good in all kinds of weather. I have only 1 complaint. The "bad gas mileage

The interior. It's very comfortable

Better gas mileage

Too Many Repairs
By Kurt

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle with the greatest of expectations. Duramax iesel, Allison trans. what a dream. It turned into a nightmare. The Injectors have been replaced 2 times, it seems that every time I turn around it is breaking. Heater, speedometer, transmision, the list and $$ go on and on, and this was all under 60000 miles but over the 36000 mile warranty. I have always been a GM corporation fan. They have always been good to me. This one makes me want to say GM you need a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper or I'm going to Toyota, Sorry. I hate to disrespect one of my idols but they just don't seem to have the quality or dependability I demand. So GM here it is 100,000 bumper/bumper or adios

I enjoy the ride, and the comfort of my truck.

Better quality construction, and 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.

Great 2500 HD Duramax
By Will

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Great Truck. Have had other Chevrolet Trucks and Ford and this far exceeds them all. Only one problem since new Speedometor went out. Wife caught that and got it fixed prior to me coming home. Tow 32ft. 5th wheel at 10,000# dry with no problem. Duramax/Allison combination good match. Sure would be nice if larger tires and sat higher but that is ones preferance can do later if want. Allison Trany shifting from stop slight roughness till warmed up just a few times but the sound is like a tank shifting into gear. Comfortable for long trips, good milage, good power and no problems really to worry about. Like to get a new one but this one has a long life in it.

Duramax, Allison, 6 cd, tow/haul mode, info center, good milage, OnStar, reliability, pulling power, foldown rear seat to put 42" new plasma TV in cab, storage behind rear seat and underneath, heated seats and outside mirrors, and rear window and much more.

Done in new models. Will get though this one will last a long, long time prior to that happening.

Monster + comfort =get out of the way!
By chevyman

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

0 problems-gets better mpg than Dodge or Ford. Can put over 5,000 lbs. in the bed and drive right along. Pulls my boat like its not even there (6.0 v8) no need for the big block. Heavy duty, heavy truck, load it down if you want and go right along!

Capt. chairs, bigger cab than Ford or Dodge, unbreakable!

The chime for keys or door open is way too loud!