2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Great Truck
By John on 02/01/08 09:11 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had 2 Ford trucks and had nothing but trouble with them. This 2500HD is my 2nd Chevy and this truck is the best by far. I love driving this truck on the road. It handles very good in all kinds of weather. I have only 1 complaint. The "bad gas mileage

Ear to ear grin
By Dan on 07/07/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great riding and looking truck, rides much better than Ford and Dodge. The crew cab is plenty spacious for 6. All shined up the truck looks great with chrome tube step bars. The Duramax diesel is a great engine, very quiet and powerful. Instrumentation is better than any other truck, period. Real gauges, with numbers (are you listening Dodge?), are the only way to go, not fake gauges like on the Fords. The bench seat console is very comfortable, much better than the armrests on the bucket seats. The RDS radio is cool, shows what song and station are on. Dual zone climate control is neat, cold for me, warm for the Mrs. I'd buy again, very nice truck, very nice ride.

Great Truck
By WYLDFYRE on 03/07/05 20:07 PM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is much more fun to drive and handles very well as compared to a 1500 model. You cannot over-work or over-haul this truck.

Finally!
By KF07 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Finally an alternative truck for those caught btw wanting a diesel or gas power. The 300hp gas 6.0L packs a hard punch for doing most anything you need it too do without paying 6-7k more for an option you really will never capitalize on. Super job GM on a heavy duty suspension that glides across the pavement.

Whatta Puller!
By Y2K_MPV on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Heckuva truck! I am pulling a 6000 lb. travel trailer with the 6.0 liter and 4sp auto. This truck was built to pull and pull it does. On hills that would have lesser trucks in 3rd gear this one marches up in overdrive. The mileage runs in the mid 12's. It sounds low but one has to consider the 4.10 gears which gives it the power. I am thoroughly satisfied.

Excellent Truck
By chevyman16 on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is the best. I can't say one bad thing about it. I own 5 Chevys and have never had one single problem with any of them. GM is superior to all other vehcile manufactures. My Silverado is great. I advise all looking for a new truck to head to your local Chevy dealer and take one for a spin. You'll love it!

I LOVE THIS TRUCK!
By nineseas on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I drive to work and look over the traffic. I can see a backup in time to take an exit. The Personal Driving electronics is a great help to stay off the gas, but the power is there when needed! God Love American V-8s! When I get to work I want to go drive somewhere for lunch. I can drive my friends now that I have 4 doors. My S-10 wouldn't let me take 'the gang'. My 12 yr old son loves to climb up into the truck and then as we drive, he can look over the guradrail into the countryside. My neighbor has an older Chevy diesel and you could hear the pride as he talked about HIS Chevy and 150000 miles already. I'm a Chevy Man, man!

Get the Duramax!
By RC on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The Duramax diesel/ Allison tranny combo is great. I'm getting 19-20 not towing & 12-13 pulling a 9500 lb trailer. The Duramax gives me power to spare. The diesel is the best thing out of GM in years. The ride is not bad considering the tow rating, which is better than Ford or Dodge.

great truck
By bigorangefan on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I love towing with this truck as I have the 8.1 with the Allison Transmission. I did have a problem with wind noise that was taken care of at the dealership by re-sealing around the windsheild. Fuel economy is poor, 11 empty and 7 to 8 towing 8500lb trailer in hilly conditions. I think I will go with the Duramax the next time around.

Is this what Chevy has to offer?
By Jb Reno on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I am a First time Chevy owner, ex ford guy. I am thinking I made a mistake with this purchased truck on Mon. evening and it was in the shop Tues. night with a bad tranny. Never had a problem with my Fords.