2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: Extra dependable engine, poor

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Extra dependable engine, poor transmission
By hillclimber on

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Our company bought this truck new. I just parked it last week with 242,683 miles on it. We purchased a 2005 with low miles, speced just my 2002. The 02 has a utility bed with welder, torch set up, worlds of tools. Full of gas, gross weight is 9,650lbs. This 6.0 gas engine has to be one of the best in the world. I've checked every tank of gas for 6 1/2 years,averaged 13.225, great to be so overloaded. The 410 ratio did a good job for us. The automatic trans. just didn't have the guts for the torque and weight. When I parked it last week, overdrive was out again...trans # four, poor quality trans. Overall, an excellent truck if it had the Allison trans.

Good overall ride. I've always been a Ford owner, but I've got to admit that this is probably the best truck I've ever worked with.

Transmission is the only thing that should have been better, I guess the Allison is the answer.