2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Crew cab
By rdouglas on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the smaller engine thiking that would be all I would need. If you are going to buy this truck get the bigger engine. With the small engine I am getting between 10 and 11 mpg. The short bed does not allow for a larger fuel tank so plan accordingly. I'm getting rid of mine and buying a diesel.

Top-o-the-Line
By True Believer on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Man oh man what a truck. This pickup has surpassed everythin that I have wanted in a truck. It has the looks, the power, and payload that anyone could ever want. To me there is not another choice.

Love my HD Crew
By Mike Mem on 03/06/02 22:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've only driven 1100 miles. The ride is as good as our S-Blazer or even our Accord. Even with BFG AT's it has a quiet ride (much better than the Accord). Lots of room in the back seat for passengers. The engine has good power but you always wonder how much better the 8.1 or Duramax would be if I would have been willing to pay the price. The biggest downside is the size of a big truck like this. I'm glad I have other cars to take into a parking terrace.

Tow Rig
By Christopher on 03/05/02 20:33 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my truck brand new and I absolutely love it. Pulls great and hauls anything that will fit in the bed. I forgot about girls for about a week when I first got this truck its that good.