2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews 4

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
My 2001 Chevy
By cecil m. hickman on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It takes 2 acres to turn around. Very difficult to park, steering problems with engine in idle.

Love the Duramax with Allison tranny
By TimofCharlotte on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is extremely well mannered for it's size and ratings. I look for opportunities to take it out on the road and just drive, to feel the power and smoothness which it delivers. It is a premium vehicle that isn't cheap, and it's sales lag because of the price premium. If you can afford it, it's a wonderful vehicle, especially the diesel/Allison combo. It looks like GM has a winner here. Cons: If you want to jack it up, lift kits more expensive for the IFS than straight axle set-ups, but the ride is ultimately sacrificed on straight axle setups. Bose stereo option would have been nice.

Crew cab
By rdouglas on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the smaller engine thiking that would be all I would need. If you are going to buy this truck get the bigger engine. With the small engine I am getting between 10 and 11 mpg. The short bed does not allow for a larger fuel tank so plan accordingly. I'm getting rid of mine and buying a diesel.

Love my HD Crew
By Mike Mem on 03/06/02 22:21 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've only driven 1100 miles. The ride is as good as our S-Blazer or even our Accord. Even with BFG AT's it has a quiet ride (much better than the Accord). Lots of room in the back seat for passengers. The engine has good power but you always wonder how much better the 8.1 or Duramax would be if I would have been willing to pay the price. The biggest downside is the size of a big truck like this. I'm glad I have other cars to take into a parking terrace.