2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Base Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Sort Reviews by

My 2001 Chevy
By cecil m. hickman

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It takes 2 acres to turn around. Very difficult to park, steering problems with engine in idle.

Favorite Features

Easy entry and exit. For both driver and passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's seat very unconfortable especially on long trips(250/300mi). Fuel tank needs improvement ALL WAYS have splash back in fueling.

Love the Duramax with Allison tranny
By TimofCharlotte

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is extremely well mannered for it's size and ratings. I look for opportunities to take it out on the road and just drive, to feel the power and smoothness which it delivers. It is a premium vehicle that isn't cheap, and it's sales lag because of the price premium. If you can afford it, it's a wonderful vehicle, especially the diesel/Allison combo. It looks like GM has a winner here. Cons: If you want to jack it up, lift kits more expensive for the IFS than straight axle set-ups, but the ride is ultimately sacrificed on straight axle setups. Bose stereo option would have been nice.

Favorite Features

'Sleeper' diesel. It sounds so quiet and innocent, but rocks with only moderate throttle. Love to nail it. On-star is kinda cool, some neat features and more are supposedly coming. Crew cab is must have, and extremely versatile and comfortable for passengers and storing stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Put bigger wheels and tires on the truck. The 17" LT245's that come on it look like pizza cutters with respect to the brawny nature of the rest of the truck. Take a cue from the 20" wheels Dodge uses on their line, they look great!!.

Crew cab
By rdouglas

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought the smaller engine thiking that would be all I would need. If you are going to buy this truck get the bigger engine. With the small engine I am getting between 10 and 11 mpg. The short bed does not allow for a larger fuel tank so plan accordingly. I'm getting rid of mine and buying a diesel.

Favorite Features

The crew cab is huge. I love it for the space. It beats out the extra cabs hands down.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is non excistant. Either work on it or put in a larger gas tank.

Love my HD Crew
By Mike Mem

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've only driven 1100 miles. The ride is as good as our S-Blazer or even our Accord. Even with BFG AT's it has a quiet ride (much better than the Accord). Lots of room in the back seat for passengers. The engine has good power but you always wonder how much better the 8.1 or Duramax would be if I would have been willing to pay the price. The biggest downside is the size of a big truck like this. I'm glad I have other cars to take into a parking terrace.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort and ride. Exterior style.

Suggested Improvements

Why no CD and cassette in the same unit? To get both you must have bucket seats and so one of the players can go in down in the console. Ford and Dodge can engineer it, why can't GM?