2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Great Truck
By jason_simpson26 on 01/24/07 22:11 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have had my truck 7 months and I love it. So much power and comfort. It's really great. In the summer I pull a lot and one time I had just over 21,000lbs behind the truck and she pulled it. Was not going far fast but she did it

Awesome Truck!
By Jason on 01/03/07 05:40 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2002 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Ext cab truck in 2003. Other than the fuel economy of this truck, I have no compliants. I take care of it but I also use it as a truck. I am a hunter and commonly go off-road on some horrible roads. I have never been stuck and the truck is all stock. I plan on keeping this truck for a long long time and hopefully passing it on to one of my sons as a first truck. Chevrolet really put time, heart, and guts into building this machine!

Chevy Deisel
By Jams Anderson on 02/13/06 20:20 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I added a $300 chip and get 20mpg on the road and 16mpg around town. it's amazing for a truck that large to have as much power, confort and gas economy. I will put it up next to a Ford or Dodge any day.

Love My Allison Tranny!
By Allison Fan on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

For every day driving in southern California, also to haul horses, fuel economy has been good, the diesel engine surprisingly quiet. The Allison tranny holds speed going down hill. After hauling horses with the Allison tranny, through incredibly smooth decelerations, I don't think I'll go back to brand X. All in all a Great truck, Very sporty ride compared to its predecessor.

2002 CHEV 2500HD 4wd
By golden arches on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Have had continued problems with the drive train, from transmission noise to multiple problems with the front and rear differentials noise and leaking. Vehicle seems reliable in most cases, but leaves that nagging feeling that once the warranty is off I'm going to be looking at repairs on a low milage vehicle (only averages 500 per month). Much fun to drive, but the overall fuel mileage is a w f u l, but that goes with the territory of the 6L engine and the rear end selection.

Great pickup!
By hogman26 on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I bought this truck because I liked the way it looked over the half-ton. I am completely satisfied by it so far. The performance is unbelieveable a true strong running truck. My truck has the 6.0L in it more than enough power. But I have added dual exhaust and plan on an intake system in the near future. Still it has more power than other pickups when it was stock. I have had no mechanical problems yet. Just a little rattle under the dash. I highly recomend this truck.

Great truck
By jeffghs on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Couldn't ask for much more. Compared to F-250's much quieter, more power, more room inside. This is a tough truck.

Beware GM Gas Engines!
By 501 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

At 10k miles my truck started knocking. Now at 25k it knocks all the time. Complained to dealer and GM, they extended engine warranty to 5 years/100k miles. What good is a truck that cost $30k that I have to get rid of in 5 years if it doesn't blow before hand? This is from a 40 year GM loyalist and shareholder. Search "piston slap" on the internet for all the sorry details.

WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER!!!
By Thalia on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this truck new, 2 miles on it when I test-drove it. BEFORE I bought it, a fluid line exploded all over the engine. That should have been my FIRST indication to drive off and leave it! My husband & dad said it had a "warranty" to go ahead and get it. WRONG! That was ONLY the beginning! The local dealership could not get the problems that I had fixed on this truck like: replaced drive shaft for truck tugging when driven, replaced power- steering pump, noise when backing up, jerks when pulling a horse trailer, severe gaps when applying brakes, headlight dim extremely low for no reason, and the list still goes on!

Duramax Desiel
By Dustin Frieler on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Love all of the power that the duramax has and the comfort of Leather