2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Reliable Truck
By meanandlien on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have no real complaints about the truck. I have over 25K miles on it and I've had no problems. The suspension is a little stiffer than other trucks I've owned which makes the ride a bit choppy. When the engine is cold I do get the "piston slap" but I have been told that this is just the way the engine was designed. Great Truck

HD-2500
By Cat Daddy on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The 2002 Chevrolet HD 2500 is pure pleaseure to drive! I love the raw power it delivers from the 6.0 engine. The interior is roomy,and the layout of the gauges and radio/ CD player is very functional.The interior does not have a inexpensive look as some reviewers state.The paint is very nice, with no orangepeel as with some vehicles. I really like the body style with the raised lines in the hood of the HD's, and the honeycomb grill.The trucks stance is also a plus, riding high above the rest of the traffic on attractive polished aluminum wheels. I have no criticism for the Chevrolet line of trucks.

Great Product
By Jerry Ross on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The Duramax is very powerful, great response machine. Great fuel economy, average 20mpg in a crew cab 2wd. Seats are comfortable and driving is easy, and smooth for a 3/4 ton truck. Negatives: Vision to the sides and rear are limited, and cup holders not in a good place.