Shame on GM
By chevynomore on
Vehicle2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)
ReviewPurchased brand new. Several problems
1. Infamous GM piston slap, started at
11,000 miles; very bad now at 18,000.
GM will not acknowledge problem.
2. Steering column clunk/rattle, common
in many of these GMs.
3. Box sits crooked, common in many of
4. Transfer case is very noisy.
5. Dashboard lighting problems.
Best FeaturesEngine was powerful before piston slap. Now I am afraid to accelerate for fear it will fly apart!
Worst FeaturesCome on GM!! Subpar build quality. Will not stand by engineering mistake - how many loyal customers have been told the piston slap is 'normal'? I expect much more for $30,000.
Comments (0) Post a Comment
You must be signed in to post a comment.