2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Review: Powertrap

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 5-speed Manual 8.1 ft. Bed)

By Cassandra on

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Power wise I have been very happy with the truck, I pull a heavy gooseneck horse trailer cross country a couple times a year, as well as haul a lot of hay. Gas mileage stinks but, I expect that. It is very comfortable to drive also. The problem is the body design - the dang thing is literally coming to pieces. I live in a rural area with rough roads. This truck is just not designed to handle it. Soon I will have to have a flatbed put on because every brace on the wheel wells is broken loose and rattling. I have used G.M. trucks for 23 years, this one is the worst ever as far as durability. The next one will likely be a Dodge, or back to an older, tougher G.M.

The tow/haul mode is great and button easily accessible on the shifter. I love the captains chairs too. The high profile is good on rougher terrain and in pastures.

Easier access to enter and exit the cab, as well as maybe a pullout step to aid in checking oil, etc. This truck sets up high off the ground (which is good) and needs aids for shorter people to get in and out of comfortably. Do something about the design of bed, wheel wells, braces, etc.