It's all relative
By benalbright on
2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
This has been a great vehicle. I've driven over 82,000 miles with no significant problems. Very dependable, powerful, and efficient. The swiss army knife of vehicles, it can do just about anything (except make tight turns). I plan to have this vehicle well past 200,000 miles. The only problems I've had were abnormal front tire wear early on and a blown front speaker (warranty item). Starts up quickly, even in 0F weather. I'm still on my original set of brakes, with plenty of material to go.
Favorite Features
Strong towing power yet relatively good mileage (~20mpg highway unloaded). Good steering feel, comfortable seats (can cruise for 12 hours without getting tired), space for everyone and their gear. Relatively quite engine compared to others that year. Engine braking using tow/haul mode is great.
Suggested Improvements
Better turning radius (crew cab + long bed = very wide turns). 4x4 mode is a little coarse. More aggressive looking factory tire options (factory look too small for the wheel well). Power towing mirros (avail. now?). Steering wheel radio controls (avail now). Heads up display.