Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Powertrap
By Cassandra

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Power wise I have been very happy with the truck, I pull a heavy gooseneck horse trailer cross country a couple times a year, as well as haul a lot of hay. Gas mileage stinks but, I expect that. It is very comfortable to drive also. The problem is the body design - the dang thing is literally coming to pieces. I live in a rural area with rough roads. This truck is just not designed to handle it. Soon I will have to have a flatbed put on because every brace on the wheel wells is broken loose and rattling. I have used G.M. trucks for 23 years, this one is the worst ever as far as durability. The next one will likely be a Dodge, or back to an older, tougher G.M.

The tow/haul mode is great and button easily accessible on the shifter. I love the captains chairs too. The high profile is good on rougher terrain and in pastures.

Easier access to enter and exit the cab, as well as maybe a pullout step to aid in checking oil, etc. This truck sets up high off the ground (which is good) and needs aids for shorter people to get in and out of comfortably. Do something about the design of bed, wheel wells, braces, etc.

great truck
By kevin

This is my first big truck of my own. I worked for a company and drove their trucks like this but they were poorly taken care of. I moved up from a S-10. This truck is great; lots of power, rides ok, very dependable, comfortable, quiet inside the cab -- not much road noise or wind noise.

POWER, looks, aftermarket upgrades available.

Big stock tires, better turning, BETTER GAS MILEAGE; I average about 12 with no load cruise set on 55.

Hot Rod CHEVY TRUCK
By Tom Cull

The 2500HD is most powerful vehicle I've ever owned. I ordered the 8.1 Vortec with an Allison 5 speed automatic transmission, 2WD, 3.73 rear end and still get a respectable 15.5 mpg. It pulls my 3,500 lb. bass boat like it's not even there. This truck is extremely powerful and fun to drive. I've owned at least a dozen pickup trucks and this is by far my favorite. I highly recomend this truck to anyone that wants a truck with hot rod performance.