2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Siverado 2500 HD
By Jerri on 09/10/08 12:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

One of the best trucks I have owned. We sometimes tow our 55 Chevy to shows and you never know it is back there. A lot of low end torque, great truck.

2500hd Chevy
By beemer on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent vehicle for towing a 5th wheel camper. The 8.1 and allison are a perfect match. Tows better than the cummins I used to have.

a real solid performer
By hd baby on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

i really enjoy the 6.0 engine. it has plenty of power under any circumstance i have been able to throw at it. it has no knock. i am glad the ABS system is less touchy than in my 99 yukon. I am very impressed with the ride quality in this 3/4 ton, usually to have a large payload option you suffer in ride. not the case with this truck.

I Love my Truck
By COBIABOATS on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I don't think they thought out the location of the parking brake to well but I do love my HD. I research the 6.0 engine and chose it for the 300 horses it delivers. ( I use to have a 1978 Chevy with a 454). Under load it rides like my Sevile. While towing an 8,000 lb 26.5 Cobiaboat daycruiser I had to make an emergency stop to avoid hitting an airhead who cut me off. I went from 35 to zero on a downhill with my load and barely squeaked the tires. I only use my truck on weekends to tow my boat or my fifthwheel so I'll get 20 years out of this truck!