Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Siverado 2500 HD
By Jerri

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

One of the best trucks I have owned. We sometimes tow our 55 Chevy to shows and you never know it is back there. A lot of low end torque, great truck.

Plenty of room in the cab and pulling power

$32,000 truck when new, the side molding should not be coming off

2500hd Chevy
By beemer

Excellent vehicle for towing a 5th wheel camper. The 8.1 and allison are a perfect match. Tows better than the cummins I used to have.

Drivetrain and ride quality

Better fuel economy, haha.

a real solid performer
By hd baby

i really enjoy the 6.0 engine. it has plenty of power under any circumstance i have been able to throw at it. it has no knock. i am glad the ABS system is less touchy than in my 99 yukon. I am very impressed with the ride quality in this 3/4 ton, usually to have a large payload option you suffer in ride. not the case with this truck.

i was able to get power seats and still get a split bench which i wanted. pewter color really helps hide the dirt and new sctatches i am making.

i wish the tailgate cables were replaced with the steel bars with hinges like on my old 1990 chevy.

I Love my Truck
By COBIABOATS

I don't think they thought out the location of the parking brake to well but I do love my HD. I research the 6.0 engine and chose it for the 300 horses it delivers. ( I use to have a 1978 Chevy with a 454). Under load it rides like my Sevile. While towing an 8,000 lb 26.5 Cobiaboat daycruiser I had to make an emergency stop to avoid hitting an airhead who cut me off. I went from 35 to zero on a downhill with my load and barely squeaked the tires. I only use my truck on weekends to tow my boat or my fifthwheel so I'll get 20 years out of this truck!

four wheel disc brakes,tow mode,

move the parking brake switch to a more traditional location