2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:
Best Truck
By Chevy Lover on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck has the 8.1 with the allison tranny. Has power and with a full load it won't bog down. All one ton and in great condition lots of miles over 216k but still runs strong, I never have a problem with the truck, I use it to pull and drive on a daily basis. The 4x4 works great too.When needing to it will turn all 4 tires without a problem. With all the normal maintenance it runs strong with no problems. I highly recommend this truck for any occasion or any reason.

Knock Knock
By Rick Kurland on 10/16/07 17:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 2WD LB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

2WD. Bought this truck used from a friends dealer. Love everything except the engine knock. Keep hearing the knock is OK. Seems to have plenty of power but still don't trust the noise. Plenty of room for a family of five pulling a 30 ft camper. Still looking for the answer to the knock.

2001 2500HD
By Swiech on 03/23/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the pop-up goose neck hitch and the 8.1L engine. Massive power, but massive gas guzzler. It will pass everything but a gas station.

2001 Chevy 2500HD
By Dave in Michigan on 11/28/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Purchased at 30k miles, now 52k, no mechanical problems at all, runs great. Factory Firestone tires were terrible for ride and traction, switched to 265 BFG All Terrains, huge improvement. I like everything but the gas mileage. I get about 11.5 mpg.

Dang Good Truck
By jdrx3 on 10/21/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD LB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is a very good truck for pulling something less than 12,000 pounds. It is a very good truck and I haven't had any problems with it. It has 335 horse power with 385 pounds of torque.

It's all relative
By benalbright on 03/21/05 16:36 PM (PST)

This has been a great vehicle. I've driven over 82,000 miles with no significant problems. Very dependable, powerful, and efficient. The swiss army knife of vehicles, it can do just about anything (except make tight turns). I plan to have this vehicle well past 200,000 miles. The only problems I've had were abnormal front tire wear early on and a blown front speaker (warranty item). Starts up quickly, even in 0F weather. I'm still on my original set of brakes, with plenty of material to go.

ROUGH RIDE WITH LOTS OF POWER
By Dave on 11/10/04 13:52 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

This truck rides so rough and is worthless for a long trip that would take more than 2hrs....Overall it has all the power anyone could ask for the 4WD performs great. It's a typical Chevy though, lots of rattles, and typical poor workmanship for chevy in the cabin. I'll buy a Ford next time! Oh and I almost forgot to mention TERRIBLE gas mileage. I get 10mpg on average! It kills my pocketbook for $1.90/gallon when I fill up.

I love my truck
By flaskerud on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The first several months I would come home at night and tell my wife "I love my truck". She owns a 2000 Yukon, but we feel so much more secure and sit higher, so we use the truck more. I've towed a heavy construction trailer with a tractor and the rear bumper barely dropped. The rental shop was impressed. Also tow a 30 ft 9000 lb travel trailer with ease. My 6'6" and 400 lb son fits in the back seat only way

2001 2500HD
By rackmaster287 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Problem with engine knock and goig to full throttle when slowing or stopped with foot on brake. Neither problem fixed by dealers.

2500 HD wimpy truck
By JELAY114 on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This truck is strong off the dealer lot. After a few miles it was nothing but problems. bad transfer case, 3 BCMs, wiring harnesses, fuel economy, now I have just found diesel in the crankcase...